Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much hp the Bos 302 is supposed to have in 2003 if they make it? Hubby wants to think about getting one if they produce it if it can outrun a Cobra.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hmmm,
Possible "BOSS Cobra" i.e. 4.6 spray bored to a 5.0 w/supercharger can you say factory high performance around 400HP?

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMG! We gotta start savin up as of NOW! (Then I will have to change my name to 3StangWmn) :wink: :-B

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
From my understanding, the 2003 year is when they redesign the Mustang, right? The Cobras, then, are supposed to be pushing a whopping 350+ hp. We'll just have to see. I dont' think Ford is gonna make the Boss 302 outperform the Cobra... Just doesn't seem like them...

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Ahh... 40th Anniversary. Yes indeed. Still, the Cobra has 320 hp. Why would they make the Boss 302 with even more? It doesn't make any sense to me... Aren't they also releasing the Terminator that year too? So this would be the line up:
Mustang v-6: 3.8L
Mustang GT: 4.6L SOHC
Mustang GT BOSS 302: 5.0L DOHC (I'm not sure if they can apply the same principals to the SOHC models)
Mustang Cobra: 4.6L DOHC
Mustang Cobra Terminator: 5.0L DOHC.

When was the last time Ford had a multiple lineup like this? It would be nice to see more options like this again though. Let's pray they do. :smile:

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Ditto. I've seen pictures of it. The hood had to be modified for the supercharger. Supposed to be 400hp. It had black stripes on the hood and on the side of the doors. Also heard the SVT is being discontinued.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: barry bullitt on 2001-10-11 09:57 ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts