Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to throw this out there for Thanksgiving weekend fun ... :smile:

How do Yall think the traditional Boss and Mach I grabber colors would look on the new body style?

What about other Mustang/Cougar colors such as chocolate brown metallic, 2001 BULLITT True Blue, "Indian Fire", or the eye-popping burnt orange metallic color they were using on the Ranger?

What about a good shade of gold; like the "Golden Glow Poly" they used from 71-73 (they haven't used gold in a while now) ... ???

What do Yall think of Magnum 500 wheels, woodgrain and/or brushed-aluminum/stainless dash finishes?

Just wondering how everybody's body color, wheel, and decor ideas are ... ??? :idea:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RayS said:
This would pretty much cover it for me:

View attachment 7732

Just wishful thinking.
You aint kiddin' .... They just put the right engine in there and I'm makin' tracks.

GREAT COLOR ~ !!!

I might even fly to Dearborn on a one-way ticket just to drive her all the way home ...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,432 Posts
RayS said:
This would pretty much cover it for me:

View attachment 7732

Just wishful thinking.
NNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Grabber Orange is a solid maybe. Ford Racing Blue would probably top the list. But Gold???:confused:

You have got to be kidding. They couldn't give Gold painted cars away last year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DavidMidgley said:
NNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Grabber Orange is a solid maybe. Ford Racing Blue would probably top the list. But Gold???:confused:

You have got to be kidding. They couldn't give Gold painted cars away last year.
WOW ... I don't remember gold Mustangs last year. Are you talking about the "Legend Lime"?

Seems the last time Ford did a gold Mustang was around 2000 and it seemed like it was a V6-only color or something like that ... (???)

I really don't remember a "gold" being offered in the current body style (am I wrong ... ???).

I did like the Legend Lime color.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,432 Posts
I don't think they put the gold on the Mustangs, but it was applied to a couple of others. As was an orange that I think they called Grabber Orange. But it sure didn't appear that way to me. And as for legend lime, I'll respectfully say that in 1968 I liked the color on the Mustangs with the black trim stripes down the hood and down the sides. But the recent iteration of that color on the new S197 Mustang. Well, frankly NOT AT ALL. Maybe why I don't like the gold on the S197?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,610 Posts
TXBLUOVAL said:
I might even fly to Dearborn on a one-way ticket just to drive her all the way home ...
They don't make the Mustang in Dearborn anymore. It's now made at the Flat Rock facility South of Detroit on I75.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
chilli bullitt said:
They don't make the Mustang in Dearborn anymore. It's now made at the Flat Rock facility South of Detroit on I75.
Close enough ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
651 Posts
I personally think the Legend Lime is one of the best colors on the newer Mustangs. There's one that I see around here occasionally, that has white rocker stripes, which I can't help but admire every time I see it. Of course, I'm probably prejudiced, since the color is pretty much the same as that on one of my favorite cars from my early driving years. :smile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,319 Posts
TXBLUOVAL said:
Seems the last time Ford did a gold Mustang was around 2000 and it seemed like it was a V6-only color or something like that ... (???)
Nope, was going to be a Cobra-only color. Was going to be called Mystic Gold. Program was cancelled because of the "lack of power"problem that recalled all of the 1999 Cobras, and the entire 2000 Cobra run was cancelled (except 300 Cobra R's).

Never was much on those color-shifting hues. I would love to see a Grabber Blue. I think Saleen did orange justice with the Parnelli Jones version of the car. And Gold? Never in my driveway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
installermarc said:
Nope, was going to be a Cobra-only color. Was going to be called Mystic Gold. Program was cancelled because of the "lack of power"problem that recalled all of the 1999 Cobras, and the entire 2000 Cobra run was cancelled (except 300 Cobra R's).

Never was much on those color-shifting hues. I would love to see a Grabber Blue. I think Saleen did orange justice with the Parnelli Jones version of the car. And Gold? Never in my driveway.
The Grabber Blue always looks good. Personally I prefer gold over yellow.

I would prefer the 1969 "Black Jade" green over the Grabber Green if not having the stripe-graphics didn't bother me. Then again, Grabber colors are more for the BOSS in my opinion where some of the other colors seem more MACH I oriented. I don't recall the Black Jade being offered on the BOSS cars but I do think in 1970 you could get the Grabber colors on the Mach I as well as the Boss cars.

I also liked the Calypso Coral, That color always shined up real good. The reds Ford has used have always shined up real good also (back in those enamel days ... LOL).

As far as the contemporary gold goes, every morning when I drive to work I pass by a gold Mustang that looks like a 2000 V-6 model. I know it's not a GT. There is another one I see around the neighborhood from time to time and it is a V-6 also. That's 2 different owners of the same model with the same color so I know they both didn't custom paint their cars. It is not a yellow-gold but a solid gold metallic ... ???
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,432 Posts
TXBLUOVAL said:
The Grabber Blue always looks good. Personally I prefer gold over yellow.

I would prefer the 1969 "Black Jade" green over the Grabber Green if not having the stripe-graphics didn't bother me. Then again, Grabber colors are more for the BOSS in my opinion where some of the other colors seem more MACH I oriented. I don't recall the Black Jade being offered on the BOSS cars but I do think in 1970 you could get the Grabber colors on the Mach I as well as the Boss cars.

I also liked the Calypso Coral, That color always shined up real good. The reds Ford has used have always shined up real good also (back in those enamel days ... LOL).

As far as the contemporary gold goes, every morning when I drive to work I pass by a gold Mustang that looks like a 2000 V-6 model. I know it's not a GT. There is another one I see around the neighborhood from time to time and it is a V-6 also. That's 2 different owners of the same model with the same color so I know they both didn't custom paint their cars. It is not a yellow-gold but a solid gold metallic ... ???
The 69 black jade color was my fav on the Mach 1.
As for the gold, I am wondering if that was a Houston dealers promotion of a regional special ed. I have never seen one. And I live just down the street from L.D. Bell High School. Lots of Mustangs drive by over the years. Never saw a gold one in recent memory of one of the late body styles... Plenty of yellow and marroon GTs, Cobras, and even a couple DHG Bullitts!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't know for sure Dave but I doubt it. Houston area Ford dealers are not known for that but I guess it's not impossible.

I have seen more in gold than the two I mentioned but not that many of them. To tell you the truth, there was one recently at CarMax and I think it was one of the stores in Houston. They are always V-6 cars. I have never seen a GT of any year in that color.

Back to the Black Jade ... Great color indeed and if I am not mistaken it was only offered in 1969. I don't think it carried over to 70 and/or 71-73 but I could be wrong.

Didn't Ford also offer a dark shade of green in 1969, maybe approaching the HG of 1968? It seems I remember some 351-W Mach I(s) that had that color (but it wasn't a light green or the Black Jade) ???
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,432 Posts
Hmmm...the light green was the Grabber Green if on a Boss.

Black Jade was the dark green in 69. The other color I beleive is a 70 color? Maybe not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DavidMidgley said:
Hmmm...the light green was the Grabber Green if on a Boss.

Black Jade was the dark green in 69. The other color I beleive is a 70 color? Maybe not.
No, I've seen this "other" color of green on 1969 Mach I(s) only and never with the big block FE option. I guess I should've used the term "medium green" ... kind of an olive drab shade (for lack of a better term) but in metallic I think. Regardless ... Ford had some real cool colors back then.

I think a Legend Lime with the 70 model Mach I hood stripes on this current body style would look great as far as a non-Grabber green color goes. I sure would love to see the Black Jade return ... especially with black spoilers. Real stealthy indeed. That color just SCREAMED performance IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Aint this SWEET

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by 69boss429
Except for a front air dam all I have to say is,
"Spoilers !,we don't need no stinkin spoilers ! "


And,Ford has all the bits and pieces to make a 4 valve DOHC 7 liter if they are really serious about crushing Chevy and Dodge,and without a blower

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Wow, your '69 is perfect. I'd just like Ford to try and recreate the '69, but with a modern edge to the panelwork. But they need to keep the proportions the same, and that means losing a bit of the S197's "bulk".

I hope you don't mind, but I've taken your picture to compare with a Photoshop produced by another member on another thread. This is as close as a "new" '69 I've seen. Just needs that modern edge (I'm thinking new Camaro panel treatment), especially the rear quater panel, to give it real Coke Bottle hips. The rear overhang need to be reduced a bit too. I'd also love to see the ridge than run along the top of the front wing on the '69 into the door reproduced. That'd help with that "edge".

And yes to that 7 litre too!


 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top