Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Mac 2.5" Catback earlier this week and it should be here tomorrow. I'm really excited to hear how it sounds with my Mac O/R Prochamber - should sound pretty mean hopefully! I actually lucked out and was able to buy one of the last Mac kits with the 3.5" tips - most retailers have had those backordered for over a year - My dad called stangmods.com and we lucked out - they had one left in stock. Well, just wanted to hear what you guys thought of the Mac catback - has anyone heard one in person on a Prochamber? I want the car to be really loud and while I'm sure this isnt the loudest option, I value tone over the overall noise. I really didnt want something with too much bark like an SLP LM1, and I like the tone of the Mac better than flowmasters so i'll have to see how it sounds... Here, check these out, they helped make my decision.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xwg1CRF-aYI
http://youtube.com/watch?v=S5vMqrvq3-Q

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Hi brad, i have the mac 2and1/2 catback system on 1543 with a bassani catted x pipe and while loud its also mellow at times. I do get alot of comps on it. I had 3and 1/2 inch tips but am changing them to 3 inch rolled tips from mac. Good luck and hope it sounds good.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
You will love it. I have MAC 3 inch prochamber and produmps on my 87GT and it sounds great. There stuff fits great also.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I had Mac on my old fox. They make great stuff.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm looking at the exhaust right now and good LORD the 3.5" "tips" (they're like 2 feet long!) look AMAZING - chrome rolled tips. The system looks great, I just want to make sure its going to be considerably louder than the stock catback before I install it, it will be right?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YES hahaah thats what I needed to hear... wait, did you ever have the xpipe and the stock catback on at the same time? if so, you noticed a big difference changing catbacks? Also, are your 3.5" tips not rolled? mine are rolled 3.5" - they look SO much better than stock, i cant wait to see how it looks / sounds

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
I have the mac mufflers as part of my 2 1/2" cat back. love them. post a clip of it when your are done.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
You will love the rumble! I have that same setup on my Bullitt and it compliments the Kooks LT headers and O/R X-pipe nicely!

·
Registered
346 Posts
I actually just finished putting my mac cat-back about an hour ago, I'll post a video of it, my is friend going to upload it when he gets a chance....it sounds awesome, deeper, louder than stock especially under throttle but still calm while cruising

edit: here it is, although with my friends much much louder lt1 camaro, but the video still does not do the the exhaust justice... I went through a quarter tank of gas just cruising around listening to the exhaust tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcHanJ7yDcg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts