Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I bought back my former ricer from Bullitt4204. I purchased it new in 1990 in Las Vegas, NV and drove it until 2004 as a daily driver. I sold it to Bullitt4204 (Rick) in 2004 and he and his wife drove it until today. I had told him that if he was going to sell it to please give me first dibs...and he did. Rick has really gotten this Miata running great and taken great care of it...he put about $5,500 worth of parts/labor in to it so mechanically it is very sound. Rick also hand painted the wheels himself since they were heavily blackened from years of brake dust that could not be removed via conventional cleaning. I bought back the Miata for my wife so that she could have a "fun time" non-SUV SOCCER MOM vehicle to drive. She really enjoyed the Miata when we previously owned it and so did our oldest child, Hannah. They are pretty psyched to have the old rice mobile back. :lol:

EDIT: Rick, if you see this thread I decided (while enroute from your house) to paint the top portion of the rear bumper cover so I bought some red Dupli-Color automotive paint and #400 grit sandpaper at AutoZone to cover up the white primer that was showing. It ain't a great job (a 20 footer paint job at best) but at least it is not white anymore. :nerd:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Don't worry about the paint Chocheesie. Nobody on this site is going to stop a galloping pony to look at a little paint on a red ricer...:doubt:

Well, maybe they would if it were painted DHG, or had a Bullitt emblem to the left of the tag.:lol:

Nice looking little car in any case. Too bad they are for the shorter folks:frown: , I might have one of those myself. But being 6'4" is it's own punishment. Never mind not being able to fit into the best designed sports car in fifty years. Japanese minimalism at it's best is displayed in every series one Miata.:cool: And now the series three Miata umm Mazda 5, well not so much.:shock:

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DavidMidgley said:
Nice looking little car in any case. Too bad they are for the shorter folks:frown: , I might have one of those myself. But being 6'4" is it's own punishment. Never mind not being able to fit into the best designed sports car in fifty years. Japanese minimalism at it's best is displayed in every series one Miata.:cool: And now the series three Miata umm Mazda 5, well not so much.:shock:
Thanks, David. Rick has taken excellent care of the Miata and it looks (and runs) much better than when I sold it to him 3 years ago. I hear you on the height thing...I'm 6'00" and have to move the seat all the way aft to fit comfortably...but my BIG HAIR wig brushes the inside of the top and sometimes if I hit a good bump, I get to do an inverted trampoline manuever off the inside of the convertible top. GOOD TIMES! :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
"sometimes if I hit a good bump, I get to do an inverted trampoline manuever off the inside of the convertible top. GOOD TIMES!"

Now that's funny. Maybe you should be Rick Oche, and not Chochese...:shock:

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Googling "Rick Oche"...

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Do you mean Ric Ocasek of the Cars, David?

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cochese said:
Googling "Rick Oche"...
Hmmm...couldn't find anything regarding "Rick Oche" but I found this pic of my (wife's) Miata. Got to get those plastic bumpers painted...pretty faded.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Bumper looks much better! Now take off your shoes when you drive it!! :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bullitt4204 said:
Bumper looks much better! Now take off your shoes when you drive it!! :lol:
There will be no shoe removal going down...my car! :lol:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Katy said:
Hey Katy! Don't let him drive your car! He's a little hard on it! Just let him detail it for you!

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Katy said:
So, how about doing the 5.0L mod?

:lol:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Cochese said:
Hmmm...couldn't find anything regarding "Rick Oche" but I found this pic of my (wife's) Miata. Got to get those plastic bumpers painted...pretty faded.
Think of a shootout in a Hollywood movie. The bullit misses the intended target and "Rick-Oches" off of one thing and then another...

OK, so I was reaching too far with a misspelled word. :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
54deuce said:
Did you guys ever see or hear of a monster miata? 5.0 mustang drive train in a miata. Cool stuff.
Absolutely! Very cool sounding modification. Might be in the cards later on down the road but not right now. I need to get my '07 Police Interceptor in the 14's at the strip. :)

·
Administrator
6,285 Posts
I am just waiting until Rick buys it back again!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Tony Alonso said:
I am just waiting until Rick buys it back again!
:lol:

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
Think of a shootout in a Hollywood movie. The bullit misses the intended target and "Rick-Oches" off of one thing and then another...

OK, so I was reaching too far with a misspelled word. :lol:
That's what you were trying to say. Why not Rick O'Shay - like the comic strip of yore.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
PY is into too much already without starting the cartoon character thing. Everyone else has to keep up you know...and there is no telling where PY might go next. :lol:

Ricochet.:smile: OK?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Collin should be doing this:

·
Administrator
6,285 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts