Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I just bought the Bear big brake kit 4 the rear 13" as anyone installed this product on there car... i plan on installing front Bear cross drilled & slotted & rear i also got hawk hp pads f&r any pics or tips would be great i'm going to use a speed bleeder...one ? about that is do u just take off the stock bleeder and put the speeder in won't fluid run out while your changing to the speed bleeder

Any help would be app.

Thanks Billy

·
Registered
967 Posts
BULLITT 1969 said:
Hey,

I just bought the Bear big brake kit 4 the rear 13" as anyone installed this product on there car... i plan on installing front Bear cross drilled & slotted & rear i also got hawk hp pads f&r any pics or tips would be great i'm going to use a speed bleeder...one ? about that is do u just take off the stock bleeder and put the speeder in won't fluid run out while your changing to the speed bleeder

Any help would be app.

Thanks Billy
i am 90% sure you will be fine changing out the bleeder as long as no one pushes on the brakes. its been well over a year since i have bled brakes so im not totally positive. make sure you have some brake fluid to top it off periodically while your bleeding the breaks. and remember to close the lid on the master cylinder after you check it and don't let anyone push on the brakes while it is open.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
folky15 said:
You're bad! :lol::lol: If you only knew how many times I wanted to do that on this site.

To the original question, I was told that you really shouldn't break into your lines unless you really need to. I just had my pads/rotors changed, and no bleeding was necessary.

·
Registered
967 Posts
BigBullitt said:
You're bad! :lol::lol: If you only knew how many times I wanted to do that on this site.

To the original question, I was told that you really shouldn't break into your lines unless you really need to. I just had my pads/rotors changed, and no bleeding was necessary.
when just changing rotors and pads yes but from what i understand he is changing out the calipers too. you have to bleed them when you change out the calipers right?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
DHG #1078 said:
when just changing rotors and pads yes but from what i understand he is changing out the calipers too. you have to bleed them when you change out the calipers right?
It would be advisable. :cool:

·
Registered
325 Posts
DHG #1078 said:
i am 90% sure you will be fine changing out the bleeder as long as no one pushes on the brakes. its been well over a year since i have bled brakes so im not totally positive. make sure you have some brake fluid to top it off periodically while your bleeding the breaks. and remember to close the lid on the master cylinder after you check it and don't let anyone push on the brakes while it is open.
Why close the lid? I've never done that, the few times I've flushed brakes. Is this something that needs to be done?
Thanks

·
Registered
967 Posts
Jeff Laughhunn said:
Why close the lid? I've never done that, the few times I've flushed brakes. Is this something that needs to be done?
Thanks
my dad always told me to close the lid before pumping the brakes. i don't remember why he said that but thats what he said to do lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.