Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having picked up True Blue #3416 from Santa Monica Ford on Sept. 24th, I'm thrilled to own a Bullitt--the first brand new car I've ever purchased. After mulling over whether to buy one or not for at least the past 4-5 months, I finally "bit the bullitt" and took advantage of the interest-free financing and and X-plan price--the former of which sealed the deal for me. After about a half-dozen '65-'66 cars and a '90 LX Fox body (I've also had several Corvettes from the '60s and '70s) this is quite a machine.

As the technical editor for Mustang Monthly Magazine, I truly believe this is the most well-rounded and best overall SN-95 Mustang that Ford has built and I'm sure many of you would agree. While it's true that the original Bullitt '68 Fastback was green, once I found that this car was available in Blue, it was too good to pass up--probably my all-time favorite color.

I still hear various numbers on True Blue production figures. Does anyone have any semi-firm final numbers on TB production?

By the way, from what I've read about many other Bullitts on this site, my car wasn't perfect after bringing it home from dealership, either. There are various and sundry small scratches on my car and the trunk lid has a tiny little dent in it. Mechanically, though, all seems fine.

Finally, are there other Bullitt owners in the Los Angeles/Ventura/Santa Barbara area? If so, let me know. It would be great to get a bunch of them together, snap some photos and maybe run a little feature (or a least a little blurb in our news section) on some of the SoCal Bullitts in Mustang Monthly. Also, does anyone know who owns car #1968? We'd like to mention that car and show it in the magazine, too.

Thanks

Miles Cook
Technical Editor
Mustang Monthly Magazine

·
Registered
227 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-09 05:19, Miles wrote:
Having picked up True Blue #3416 from Santa Monica Ford on Sept. 24th, I'm thrilled to own a Bullitt--the first brand new car I've ever purchased. After mulling over whether to buy one or not for at least the past 4-5 months, I finally "bit the bullitt" and took advantage of the interest-free financing and and X-plan price--the former of which sealed the deal for me. After about a half-dozen '65-'66 cars and a '90 LX Fox body (I've also had several Corvettes from the '60s and '70s) this is quite a machine.

As the technical editor for Mustang Monthly Magazine, I truly believe this is the most well-rounded and best overall SN-95 Mustang that Ford has built and I'm sure many of you would agree. While it's true that the original Bullitt '68 Fastback was green, once I found that this car was available in Blue, it was too good to pass up--probably my all-time favorite color.

I still hear various numbers on True Blue production figures. Does anyone have any semi-firm final numbers on TB production?

By the way, from what I've read about many other Bullitts on this site, my car wasn't perfect after bringing it home from dealership, either. There are various and sundry small scratches on my car and the trunk lid has a tiny little dent in it. Mechanically, though, all seems fine.

Finally, are there other Bullitt owners in the Los Angeles/Ventura/Santa Barbara area? If so, let me know. It would be great to get a bunch of them together, snap some photos and maybe run a little feature (or a least a little blurb in our news section) on some of the SoCal Bullitts in Mustang Monthly. Also, does anyone know who owns car #1968? We'd like to mention that car and show it in the magazine, too.

Thanks

Miles Cook
Technical Editor
Mustang Monthly Magazine
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Welcome aboard! I almost got mine from Santa Monica, but they only had black. I told them I wanted True Blue and that once we agree on price, they would have to swap with another dealer. Well, I visited all 5 dealerships in LA that week, and Santa Monica immediately beat the others by $1200! It was crazy. We were done negotiating in under an hour, I couldn't believe it.

Anyway, the manager comes out, after all is said and agreed upon, and congratulates me on my taking their Black Bullit. Naturally I made it clear that from the very minute I walked in the door, I said I wanted a True Blue. The Sales guy told me that would be no problem. Well, it was a problem with the manager. But he knew, he was just BS-ing.
He tells me, "That great price I gave you, you're not going to find any place else and it's for the black one. Take it or leave it."

I left. And went to Galpin Ford. And drove away with the beauty in the pic below. Oh and Galpin met Santa Monica's price.

I live in Hollywood. Email me back and we'll hook up.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Glad to have you her with us. I just wish you lived in Ga. so I could join in the pictures.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Miles:

Congrats on your purchase, you WILL love this car. I have black Bullitt #140 in Sherman Oaks and would definitely be up for some pics for your mag. Just shoot me an email and let me know any details.

Joshua

1 - 6 of 6 Posts