Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little help in finding an explanation for this would be great....

I've noticed that my Bullitt has a strange tendency to 'bounce' when in gear at low rpm's...
For example, when just coasting in 1st gear at like 5 mph, (rpm's over 1k), the car has a noticable 'jerking' action. Springy might be a better word. Like the car jerks forward and then lets up, repeating continually. It almost feels like maybe the clutch is misaligned and is engaging more on one side than the other?

Another example of this mystery 'bounce.' If I'm going a normal speed in 2nd or 3rd at moderate rpm's and then punch it, there is a hesitation - seemingly not in the motor, but the car starts to go, then lets up, then goes again.

I'm sure its something drivetrain related, not a traction control issue, not a fuel issue, and I'm pretty sure the clutch is not worn out (only 30k miles on it).

Any thoughts?!?

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
its normal
there is lots of play in the 3650 IMHO over some of the other transmissions. You have no load on the engine/tranny and it's just kinda hanging around bouncing from load to no load.

I don't know any other way to describe it off hand

just put more gas down or use a higher gear

·
Registered
270 Posts
driveline clunk is what that is it sounds like. Just give it a bit more gas if it does it at 5mph. Then if you are at speed ease into the throttle a little bit more. I think all cars do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts