Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Vote for your favorite Boys Republic Hoondog Shirt Design!!

Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 26 89.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
13,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We invited the students at Boys Republic to send in some ideas for a Hoondog Events T-Shirt design. These are the entries. Please vote for your favorite. All the entrants will recieve a prize from us at Hoondog to show our appreciation for their hard work.

Thanks to all the entrants!

· Premium Member
13,100 Posts
Everyone,
This represents the reason why the Legend Lives Tour and Friends of Steve McQueen show exists.
It is ALL about the kids!
This was just one way to get the kids engaged in the very event that is meant to support them. They are all truly excited about all that we as a community are doing for them. All the pics above show great individual talent, but most importantly is the extent to which they all TRIED. Making an attempt, participating, and completing something are the very hallmarks of what Boys (and Girls) Republic seeks to instill.

Please vote for your favorite design.

And rememember, even if you can't join in on the fun with the tour/show, you CAN help to support Boys Republic with a tax deductable donation, which you can do so via our registration page. As a Bullitt community, in honor of Steve McQueen, let's see what we can raise for Boys Republic!
Thanks!

· Registered
2,527 Posts
Wow, what a great job by these kids. All of these are great. Is there any way I can cast a vote for them all?

· BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,664 Posts
They're all so good! I am going to have to ponder a bit to decide which one to vote for.

Why the name "Hoon Dog Inc.?" Just curious... And all of them have a corn dog in the pic except the last one (or is that one in the dog's mouth?) and the first one, or am I missing it?

· Premium Member
13,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hoon is defined as: to refer to a anyone who engages in loutish, anti-social behaviours. In particular, it is used to refer to one who drives a car in a manner which is anti-social by the standards of contemporary society, that is, fast, noisily and/or dangerously. I think you can guess the rest.....

· Lifetime Supporting Member
42,302 Posts
They are all great! Wish they could all be winners, but, when you think about it, they are. Props to No. 2!

· Registered
4,033 Posts
Hmmm. Thinking~ They are Kid's, I would vote for all of them. Not going to~ No disappointments from me, that's just me. OOPs Sorry. I read to the end they will all get recognition 'Good Job' Greg

· Premium Member
13,100 Posts
TwoStangWmn said:
They're all so good! I am going to have to ponder a bit to decide which one to vote for.

Why the name "Hoon Dog Inc.?" Just curious... And all of them have a corn dog in the pic except the last one (or is that one in the dog's mouth?) and the first one, or am I missing it?
Vicki, in trying to come up with a name for our corp, we decided to use Hoon in honor of Craig Sayers having called us Bullittheads Bloody Hoons for our wild car nut hotrod nature.
Corndogs was an inside joke among us organizers, so, HoonDog was a natural.

The students at Boys Republic are a big part of the creation of the Friends of Steve McQueen show, so, we wanted them to participate in our world as well for LL. In the contest rules we gave to the students, we wanted them to create a logo for HoonDog Events using the classic RatFink design cues, a 68 stang, a mangy mutt "HoonDog" monster driver, and....the design must incorporate a corn dog in some manner. These are the results.

It is obvious we have a front runner....but...we need a 2nd and 3rd place winner.
ALL the students who participated will be recognized, and ALL will receive a prize. But we are providing graduated prizes for 1st/2nd/3rd.

So, for anyone looking at this again, please post and state your preference for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, and do so by Tuesday March 20.

Thanks!!

· Lifetime Supporting Member
42,302 Posts
Here's my 2 and 3 votes.

2nd Place... No. 9 (love the DHG)

3rd Place... No. 5 (had me in stitches)

· Premium Member
13,100 Posts
Thank you everyone for voting.
I know I said voting ends tomorrow, but, we had to pull it up as Boys Republic was expecting a response from us.

Results of the overall poll, between IMBOC voting, and HoonDog Directors are as follows:

First Place: #2
Second Place: #5
Third Place: #6

All the students who participated will receive a prize.
Thank you everyone for helping us to select our corporate logo!

· Premium Member
7,492 Posts
The kid that drew #2 has some real talent.

· Premium Member
13,100 Posts
Big Stig said:
The kid that drew #2 has some real talent.
Definitely.

I met quite a number of the students at Boys Republic, and I came away with a high regard and respect for Boys Republic.
Tragically, most of the kids are essentially societies throw aways, yet, there is so much untapped talent and potential...you could really see and sense the need for just simple validation among the kids. The kids are SO excited about our shows, and spend a lot of time and effort creating the shows backdrops. Boys Republic has a challenge working with these kids, but, does exceptionally well in their quest to turn these kids around.

This is just another reason why Boys Republic deserves to be the Bullitt family charity.
Please consider supporting them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.