Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good brand of bra for the stang?

·
Registered
452 Posts
NO bra... I think stangs with bra's look real gay... however that is a very subjective stance......

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i don't like the way they look either but if you do ANY highway traveling, especially long distance, it pays to use one at least during the trip. i'll get one if i do any traveling!!!
bugs and rocks can do a lot of damage to the front fascia piece
my chrome yellow 99 GT had little gray spots where rocks had chipped the paint completely thru to the light gray color underneath

·
Registered
543 Posts
1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-23 17:14, Learo2000GT wrote:
NO bra... I think stangs with bra's look real gay... however that is a very subjective stance......
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess my BIG BAD BULLITT is a DRAG QUEEN!! :-B

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I would have to recommend the new Victoria's Secret bra for the Bullitt. It has 'BULLITT' in diamond studs...comes in the three standard colors.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
The Bra for the GT from Ford fits excellent, I used it on a 2500 mile trip through New Mexico and Colorado just a few weeks ago. I really like the way it fits and looks for a bra. I got it for the soul purpose of traveling, this time of year the bugs are suicidle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OKCBULLITT on 2001-07-23 22:58 ]</font>

·
Registered
444 Posts
I interested in getting a bra also. I have seen the one that ford sells, but a salesman told me that that particular bra is made by LeBra. If thats true then I'll pass. It does look good though. I did see a pick from TwoStangWmn that looked sharp and had the Bullitt logo on the Lip. Where did she pick that one up from?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I don't want a bra for my car. But I was thinking about getting the Manzier. :grin:

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I ordered a bra last week-- and I might be a LeBra. In what way do they suck?

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-23 17:05, tskatz wrote:
Not Le Bra.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Here is my take on the whole deal:

I ordered the Ford bra when I picked up my car. Its the one for the Mustang GT, and covers the entire front bumper/valance, and the leading edge of the hood. I've used it twice, both times on weekend road trips. I like it because it collects all the bugs, and makes washing and cleaning up the car a lot easier, BUT - both times I have gotten a dull line worn in the clearcoat on both fenders, down the side from the hood to the tire well. The second trip was WORSE. So I'm going to stop using it, until I figure out a fix.

Now, the OTHER thing I've done is install the Invinca-Shield film, a clear urethane film made by 3M (http://www.invinca-shield.com), and I've been VERY pleased with it. It is a bitch to install, but once you get the hang of it, it gets easier.

Maybe I can get a piece clear tape and put in under the bra at the vunerable spots, I might try that later.....

DHG #621
D-FW, Texas

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bwcobra15 on 2001-07-24 14:04 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Bob- I'm worried about the flapping and wear. Since I drive 40 miles to work, that can wear pretty quick.

We'll have to get the DFW Bullitts together sometime.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,030 Posts
Green Pony: It is a Colgan Bra. The web site is posted towards the top of this thread by 1NastyFordGt. I had the trunk painted rrecently as it got a nasty scratch and they had to take the BULLITT badging off and put new badging on after wards. I asked to keep the old badging so we could put it on the front of our bra. It looks GREAT!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think 3M makes a clear plastic film that you can put on the front of your car that does as good a job of protecting from stone chips as a bra/mansier and it doesn't have the risk of scratching the paint. I know first hand what kind of damage a bra will do after a period of time. My uncle had a corvette with a bra on it and over the period of a year or so it actually rubbed right through the paint!! The problem is dust and grit gets under those things no matter how tight they fit and when it does you might as weel be protecting your car with 100 grit sandpaper. Beside why do you want to hide such a beautiful set of headlights with a bra :wink:

$.02's worth

Eric

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi all-

I thought bras on the front of cars damage the finish? I've heard it is actually like running a constant piece of fine grit sandpaper over the suface. The wind blows it and 'rubs' the shine right out of the finish. That's just what I heard, inquiring minds want to know...anyone?

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,030 Posts
You just have to take it off often and clean underneath it and make sure the car is dry before putting it back on. I saw a 99 35th Edition and the front bumper was pitted with nicks real bad! I don't want Bullette looking like that! Hubby drives her every day on the freeway, otherwise we wouldn't use one, or only on a highway trip.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
On 2001-07-30 18:49, 1NastyFordGT wrote:
The LeBra for my '97 GT did that, bbullitt, but it fit lousy and the backing is kind of rough!

Well, my LeBra came in today. I'll probably send it back for a Colgan one. The backing -is- rough and your experience with the fit just nixed it.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
On its way-- just hope I don't run into another cement truck before it comes in!

On 2001-07-30 23:36, 1NastyFordGT wrote:
I bought my Colgan for $99 inluding shipping from these guys;

·
Registered
264 Posts
StonGuard = Unnecessarily expensive.

I went with 3M's Invincashield and it is superb. My front end is fully protected and you can't tell it is even there! The price was also much more competative in comparison to some of the others out there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts