Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Cinematic webpages (and femalefirst.co.uk of course) report again about Brad Pitt starring in the new BULLITT Remake 2008. Seems Petersen as director is out now, but the producers gave it a go.
Since 2008 marks the 40th Anniversary for the most famous Car chase movie, there is pretty much reason, why WB and Ford agreed on a late launch of the Bullitt Mustang 2008.5. Taken into account that there is a bit of knowledge behind all those new reports, the movie will certainly have something for everybody, if they do it right and let rather Angelina do the stunt driving..."

Brad Pitt as BULLITT? god I hope not! I think hes all wrong for it he'd just mess it up there has to be some one else better to play BULLITT:cry: I wood like to hear from you guys on this thanks:wink:

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
When it comes up on IMBd, I`ll believe it.
Brad Pitt is a very good actor. He is as good as anyone.
I would only hope its a continuation and not a remake.

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
Doc Coffin said:
When it comes up on IMBd, I`ll believe it.
Brad Pitt is a very good actor. He is as good as anyone.
I would only hope its a continuation and not a remake.
I second that I hope for a continuation rather than a remake BUT it wont be..........

This is the present trend to remake old movies so why should Bullitt be any different.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
maddogsd131 said:
Brad Pitt as Frank Bullitt.........Please
Maybe he'll be Frank Bullitt II or III. Still, pretty big shoes to fill.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
DHG 3840 said:
Maybe he'll be Frank Bullitt II or III. Still, pretty big shoes to fill.
Personally ... I think Nicholas Cage would be good for this part. After all, he did thrash ELEANOR so well.

Another good possibility would be that actor that plays in "Burn Notice". He seems to have somewhat of a cool demeanor just like McQueen did.

If nothing else, why don't we just send Chad McQueen an e-mail and ask him to do the part. After all, he IS A GEARHEAD and would be a real good driver ... (???

Just my 2 cents ...

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Daniel Craig is the best choice.
Nick Cage is too strange and quirky.
Rick Shroeder and Chad McQueen can`t act their way out of a wet paper bag......together.
It doesn`t matter if he is a gear head.
It only matters is if he can act and most importantly, he has a good script.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Doc Coffin said:
Daniel Craig is the best choice.
Nick Cage is too strange and quirky.
Rick Shroeder and Chad McQueen can`t act their way out of a wet paper bag......together.
It doesn`t matter if he is a gear head.
It only matters is if he can act and most importantly, he has a good script.
+1.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Bullitt Remake Or Sequel

Daniel Craig is a good actor. If a foreign actor was to be used I think Pierce Bosnan would also be a good choice.

I don't think a foreign actor should be used for this film (unless it's a SHE and a SHE that's got a real nice set of LEGS & TWINS like the last one did ... :smile: ).

Nicholas Cage can do serious parts. He has a good demeanor for "car flicks". Nicholas Cage is actually kind of tall and pretty close in stature to McQueen.

Harrison Ford is worthy of consideration, in my opinion. He's always quiet, calm, yet serious.

Michael Douglass might do well for this part (he did great on motorcycles in "Black Rain").

What about Mel Gibson ... (bring in an Aussie Falcon for a second chase scene in the same movie ... YESSSSSSSSSS ~ !!!).:smile:

Schroeder is also talented but not suited for the LEAD ROLE in this movie.

This movie needs to be EPIC ... PERIOD.

Brad Pitt is also a good actor but he has never really been associated with "wheels", but in the same age group so is Matt Damon.

If they do a remake it shouldn't matter, but if they do a sequel then it's more important who the leading man is. You gotta remember that this person should be more suited to be a cop first, a gearhead second.

They also should use key actors for various parts, for example; Clint Eastwood as the Police Chief since he can act in every part imaginable, is from California, and is "Dirty Harry Near Retirement".

Of course Schwarzenegger would have to appear somehow ... (let's have him owning a CATHOUSE with Lucy Lieu ... ROFLMAO).

Gene Simmons would make a great terrorist leader; the movie should move from the 1960(s) protecting somebody involved with the mob to the modern "taking down an international terrorist plot against a key U.S. city".

Wes Studi and Russell Means could be used to stage a mock-Alcatraz take-over (just like they did the last time ... :smile:) which would be a great sideshow in the movie.

All kinds of possibilities here ... I suggest that if some of us have the time to sit down and write we could come up with enough ideas to get the GEARS of Hollywood turning. :smile:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
For the most part, NO to the above.

You want an American? Why not Matt Damon? He has a baby face, but he does all the other things....Like Act! Most of the above are stonefaced, and do a bit of this and a bit of that. Bottom line is they are too old to still be a realistic cop, or they do schtic (sp?) to cover up their short comings as an actor in a cop roll.

So, no Ricky, Mel, Clint (I do love Dirty Harry, but he's old, out of it as being believable and probably not interested), Harrison (see Clint),
Michael (see Clint), Nick, Pierce....

But do think about Matt as the son that Lt. Frank Bullitt had after getting married. And before being killed by some mafiaoso.

And, I think you need to talk to Droopysbullitt about a follow on. He has some really good story lines...

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Bullitt All-star Cast

Ok ... I'll take your advice and run something by Droopsy when I get a chance.

All efforts will be lost if we can't get the right folks in Hollywood to read what we put on here and to start taking this a little more seriously. We dont want a story/movie just "thrown together" just for the sake of getting one done, right?

Obviously ... FORD doesn't read this website all that much ... :evil:

Yes, I think Matt Damon would be perfect for the part. Gotta pair him with a fine woman though. :smile:

My bottom-line suggestion is this; you do a run-on in San Francisco with an all-star cast (to honor FOMOCO, McQueen, and the writers and producers of the original film) with a modern-day evil plot that everyone from this time on for another 40 years can relate to and we should have one helluva movie! :wink:

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
How about Keifer Sutherland??????

·
Registered
825 Posts
Like I said on SVT performance about this the only chioce is Kevin Costner. He owns a 1968 shelby vert. Also he did the body guard which was a screen plan for Steve Mcqueen.

Daniel Craig = fruit

1 - 20 of 79 Posts