Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I am new to this site. I have just purchased Bullitt # 2989 in DHG. I have an unusual problem and need some advise. I understand that both front brake calipers should have the running horse logo, but mine only has the logo on the drivers side. The passenger side caliper is red but it has a flat surface with no horse! Has anyone out there ever seen this? The dealer said that they would order a new one under warranty but should I change it- maybe a one of? What do you think?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for the reply! I received my Bullitt directly off the truck. I was able to photograph the car with all stickers in their locations and was able to remove them with out damage and to save and catolog all of them. I also probably will replace the caliper with the proper one after photographing the one that came on it for verification. I traded in a 1994 Indy Pace car with only 17000 miles on it; this was hard to do, but I dont regret it. I believe that over all this is the best balanced Mustang that I have ever owned, except for maybe my 1995 Saleen s351, the Racecraft suspension was excellent! I am still on the first tank of gas at 260 miles,mileage seems to be good also. I have driven the car at 115 mph so far. The major improvement seems to be in the torque delivery. I also had a 1996 Cobra convertible that had 40000 miles when I sold it. I installed a K and N,a cat back performance exhaust, synthetic fluids, and a major tune up. In the eighth mile there was only 2 to 3 MPH differnce in this car and my Bullitt,with only 200 miles on the Bullitt. I think a gear change would easily make up the difference.

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-07 13:56, mustang 1 wrote:
Hi! I am new to this site. I have just purchased Bullitt # 2989 in DHG. I have an unusual problem and need some advise. I understand that both front brake calipers should have the running horse logo, but mine only has the logo on the drivers side. The passenger side caliper is red but it has a flat surface with no horse! Has anyone out there ever seen this? The dealer said that they would order a new one under warranty but should I change it- maybe a one of? What do you think?
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Welcome Aboard!!!! You will like this site just as much as your BULLITT!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also guys,I am employed by a Ford and Lincoln Mercury dealership.I originally ordered the car on the first day that you could.I waited and waited for confirmation on the order,but weeks later had not received one.I did receive an email from ford that job 1 was delayed because the engine was not making the power that they anticipated,so even the sold units were held back.I kept this email if any body is interested.Also,I wanted to ask if any body noticed any difference in performance or exhaust note from early to late production;as i drove an earlier production car (900 something) and it was noticibly quieter than mine (2989) and seemed to be slower.Thanks

·
Registered
835 Posts
Any plans to dyno your car Mustang 1? I'd be interested in seeing your results compared to other dynos posted especiallly if you subjective comments match reality.

Could be grounds for us early numbers to approach Ford and ask what gives.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a good chance of a dyno test on my car.There is a Porsche shop here in Knoxville that I plan on using.They do 3 pulls for a set amount,so I would like to wait until my first oil change.I would do one with original oil and one with synthetics and also one w/ a cold air induction.I will post as soon as I do it.I might be driving mine from here in Knoxville,Tn to Houston,Tx in approx. 1 week,so this will be pretty soon.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also,what number is your car TxBullitt?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Knoxville?
Grew up in Kingsport, got kicked out of UT.

Which shop are you working so I can stop in for an oil change when I make the drive from Dallas.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Neill- sandler Ford L/M is were I was working when I ordered the car but there shop I could not reccomend.I am now working for Oak Ridge Lincoln-Mercury and I have known the Service Manager for about 4 years and I would reccomend.If they cant get it done while you wait I will get you a car to drive!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
JayP & mustang1, hmm, bunch o' connections with you guys.
lived in Dallas from 1980 till 1998(except 14 months in Tampa) just off of University & Greenville and my mom & dad are from knoxville. Actually mom's from Grainger county about 40 miles up Hwy 11-W towards Tri-Cities. most of our family is spread all over Knox county, Grainger county, and up towards Maryville
welcome to the club BOTH of you!!!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Speaking of calipers, just got my Shaun Hyland carbon fober brake duct kits today. I'll post pics of them when I get some shot and some installed pics when that gets done too.

Brian

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'd love to see a copy of that email regarding the hold up of Job 1. I'm keeping everything on paper I can find for the Bullitt. I've even been writing down the miledge when I get gas!!!

As far as the exhaust note... I haven't really driven or been around any other Bullitts, at least not when I can compare it to mine. BUT I did notice that the exhaust note changed as I drove the car over the first 500 miles or so. Does it make sense for an exhaust system to break in?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Who screwed these cars together? Anybody notice hwo many are being delivered with the wrong pieces from the factory? It makse for interesting stories, but causes one to wonder how well they are put together. My came with the wrong passenger seat. Seems like someone might notice something that size.

I have noiced th exhaust note changing on my car as I break it in also. Exhaust is throatier and deeper.

I am wondering if earlier cars are making as much power, I read another post about the computer code and it seems the last digit in the code went form a 1 to a 2 sometime during the production run. Adding that to something I read elsewhere that computers are being reprogrammed at the dealer due to pinging on hard accelleration mkaes me think that this was "fixed" par tof the way through production. I'd be interested to here what people find out

Eric

Bullitt#00208

1 - 13 of 13 Posts