Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone post or point me to some good closeup pictures of some Bullitt brake calipers?

I took mine in and complained (for the 3rd time) about brake squeaking and they replaced my pads. Now that I have it back, something looks different about the calipers but I can't remember exactly how they were before.

Thanks a lot.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Wonder if they switched the inboard and the outboard pads. The outside one, you can see the entire spring clips, (The two holes) are all chrome. BUT the inboard ones that you don't see, their springs clip into the pistons. Their middle has like a black colord middle. Some type of protectant material. So they should be all shinny, even in the middle. Did they do both sides?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mid Life Crisis #388:
I think that may be exactly it. The two holes are all black now and I was thinking there was some silver in there before. I really can't tell from the picture posted above, but what you say seems to be just what happened.

So does that mean they put the pads that should go on the inside side on the outside?
(Sorry I don't know the lingo yet..)
I'm just trying to get the words right for when I take it in and tell them to fix it tomorrow.

thanks again.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Here is a pic, after I took the pic I realized I had pads from each side, still one is from the inside with the dark centers and the other is from the outside and the chrome centers can be seen. Guess it if it really bothered you you could pull the wheel and remove the little center disk. OR pull the calipers and remove and the pads and switch them back. Real easy to do, no bolts just a C clip to remove, pull the retaining pin and slide the caliper off.

I Guess technically it is WRONG because the inside pad has an extra layer of material on the pad.
Mid Life Crisis #388

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mid Life Crisis #388 on 2001-11-15 13:00 ]</font>

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.

I think I'll pull the wheels and try to get it fixed this weekend then if it's not much trouble. I don't really wanna let the dealership mess with it again.

·
Registered
959 Posts
The extra material and the material in the clips is to stop heat transfer into the piston in he caliper. We would ge brakes so hot on the Cobra R, that we welded the backing plates to te pistons. We machined up some titanium pistons, whic seemed to fix the problem for the race car.

Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts