Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for those of you with high mileage (3500 - 5000+ miles). How is the red paint holding up on the calipers? I wonder if long term we will have to fiqure out how to repaint them. Even though it must be high temperature paint, I can't believe it will last over 25K miles (not to mention the Mustang emblem). Overall, I have been very impressed with the brakes on this car.

·
Registered
610 Posts
From my understanding the calipers are "anodized" which is much more durable than paint and should last for years with no problem.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
I believe somewhere along the way that I heard the calipers are powder coated, not just painted, and should last a good long time. I currently have 6200 miles on 00365 and see no signs of fade or damage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SteveBullitt on 2001-08-16 22:32 ]</font>

·
Registered
663 Posts
The calipers are powder coated. I just wash off the calipers whenever my tires are off for rotations. As far as the running horse logo coming off, it can't. It is machined into the caliper, through the powder coating. I'm more concerned with why the tread on the rear tires seems to be coming off! :lol:

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I have over 6000 miles and my calipers are doing fine. I did notice that my front mud flap on the drivers side was falling off yesterday. It was actually the keepers on the drivers side door lower valance. Two of them had popped out. (I have hit nothing by the way) They were just gone so the back side of the front mud flap was loose. I reatached the side valance with wire ties and now all is tight and fine. I will get the proper fastners from Ford soon.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,068 Posts
tskatz: we had to tighten up on of our flaps after delivery. One of the fasteners weren't fastened all the way. Same with the rocker panel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts