Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Received the correct remote reservoir and installed. Good fit. Use washer or flanged nut instead of stock master cylinder mounting nut. Hole at the mounting bracket is little too large.
Office instrument Material property Office equipment Font Office supplies

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
Great thread guys with excellent info as to what works for each person. That’s what it’s all about. Hot Rodding our rides for personal gratification and performance. (y)(y)

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Hi short circuit, sorry for delay, was at Barber road course for the weekend, learning the very technical turns with highest elevation changes BLLTT has run. Got BLLTT's brakes hot, but not cooked. Brake mods worked.

1st, when the correct Shelby kit arrives, check that the O- ring inside the plastic reservoir female base and metal male base, that the O-ring is properly seated in the metal base groove. If the O-ring is crimped, have Shelby overnight a new O-ring, they know this is an issue.
2nd, the pretty black screw clamp that that secures the reservoir to the base is crap and strips out when tightened. Get a high quality stainless steel screw clamp.
3rd, consider getting the Ford Racing stainless steel clutch line. It will work with the Shelby kit.

The 08-09 GT 500KR 13.8" rear brake brackets kit will work with the S197 Bullitt OEM rims, no spacers needed, just use low profile weights on the outer interior behind the spokes, will give lots of clearance. I do not know if large cheap steel weights will clear.
I found that this is a very positive mod, reduces nose dive on hard braking, the BLLTT squats when hard braking, and responds better during turn trail braking, less oversteer.
The only negative is the cost of rotors almost doubles. The OEM anti-squeal/groan U-brackets will not work will not work with this mod. I have not detected this noise since modding.
Installing the rear brackets requires opening the rear diff and pulling the axles out. Good time to put in new OEM axles seals and OEM bearings. And to inspect the carbon fiber clutch packs of the limited slip and to rebuild.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Tossass

As soon as the kit was received, I checked for leaks, plugged the hole, shut the cap, hand tightened the clamp and ran fluid with some pressure. It’s holding fluid.👀

I will look into new clutch line and great info, option about the rear big brake kit. However, I will most likely stay with current factory set up since I recently upgraded the stock rear diff to truetrac.

I need to stop modding this car. 😑

21 - 25 of 25 Posts