Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Shadow Black K2149
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of y’all tried any of the aftermarket so called “less dust” pads? My OEM pads and probably y’all’s as well, give off a ridiculous amount of dust even without being hard on the brakes. Please let me know if I am alone here. I try to keep my Bullitt in a tip top cleanliness state but the wheels are covered in dust in just a few days. And I definitely know that black shows everything! lol I have even coated my wheels (as well as the car) with a ceramic coating to hopefully help with the issue, Any positive comments are welcome! Thanks! Keep on grabbing 3rd gear!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have any of y’all tried any of the aftermarket so called “less dust” pads? My OEM pads and probably y’all’s as well, give off a ridiculous amount of dust even without being hard on the brakes. Please let me know if I am alone here. I try to keep my Bullitt in a tip top cleanliness state but the wheels are covered in dust in just a few days. And I definitely know that black shows everything! lol I have even coated my wheels (as well as the car) with a ceramic coating to hopefully help with the issue, Any positive comments are welcome! Thanks! Keep on grabbing 3rd gear!
I put powerstop z26 extreme pads on my 2019 Bullitt. They are carbon fiber ceramic and hardly any dust. I am going to put powerstop z26 drilled and slotted rotors on next.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Ceramic pads give off less dust, than semi-metallic (OEM) pads. The ceramic dust is much easier to wipe off, does not "cook on" like semi-metallic pads and are quiet. They are good for daily or occasional drivers, with some spirited driving, in a variety of temps. They are NOT road course track pads beyond occasional autocross or drag race.
Ceramic pads cost more and can have a shorter lifespan depending on your driving style.
I ran EBC Red Stuff ceramic pads on my 08 Blltt when I was showing it and doing roadtrips.The dust was easy to manage. Now on my wife's 04 TBird, EBC Red Stuff as a daily driver, show car and roadtrips. Easy to clean the 16 spoke wheels.
I will be putting EBC Red Stuff on my 19 Bullit2 soon. Yes, the OEM pads give off way too much dust.

·
Registered
2019 Shadow Black K2149
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Notice the Bullitt center cap?
Hell yes. I like them but i know you paid a pretty penny for them as well!! I thought about just removing Mustang and getting some shop to make some stickers of the Rear Trunk lid logo. But I understand that those are high quality aluminum. I am a big Tennessee Vols fan and added a few touches of Big Orange to my Bullitt. BTW have you had about the same performance from the ceramic pads? And is the website sales place called drilledrotors. com a quality supplier? Because i have looked at their site and I want to say that front and rear slotted/drilled rotors with low dust pads would run around $500 or so. What y'all think? Good deal or no?

·
Registered
2019 Shadow Black K2149
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yeah guys, is it normal to hear a slight brake squeal when stopping from slower speeds? Mine has been doing that since day one I guess after I turned my radio down a time or two. Let me know if you think that drilled rotors option is a good investment. Thanks for all your input!! Keep on grabbing 3rd!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah the wheels look great waiting on my am staggered now also got the center cabs from 5 SPURS should've came with them anyway if you ask me
CF3BE171-33D7-4265-BCAC-532D2923599C.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,839 Posts
Powerstop rotors are a good choice. Stop Tech if you've got lots of money. EBC pads are good. You get what you pay for. Ceramic pads are cleaner but can't take heat soaking (repeated hard stops)

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Let me know if you think that drilled rotors option is a good investment. Thanks for all your input!! Keep on grabbing 3rd!!!
Brake rotors, pads and other braking components are not an investment, but a consumable of DRIVING. You want the best combination of calipers, rotors, pads, brake fluid, cooling and tires to STOP based on your driving style/needs and budget. But drilled rotors do not fit into this equation for a daily driver. They are BLING for very occasional driven or a show car. They come from drag racing, looking to reduce unsprung weight. They do look cool, but a drilled rotor does not add to the basic daily need of stopping, with the negatives are many. A rotor is a heat sink, absorbing the heat from the pads. The rotor expands and contracts. The drilled holes actually weaken the rotor during these contractions, with cracking resulting. They cost more. They are harder to machine/re-surface, if you can find a shop that will do this.
You are concerned about heavy brake dust. Spend $ on good ceramic pads for the daily driver. Pads are cheaper than rotors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts