Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what brand of brake pads everyone recomends. I will be having to change my front pads soon, and want to get a good pair of pads that will last. Someone told me that Raybesta pads are good, but I am wondering if there is anything better, or what you all think is the best. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Depends on what type of driving you do. Is it a daily driver, or are you looking for a performance pad? If it's daily driven, Bendix is a pretty good brand, or a set of ceramics will work well. But if you're looking for performance, you'd be better off with EBC or Hawk.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I went to PepBoys and bought their Pro Stop perfomance brakes. The weird thing is that I was able to purchase ceramic pads for the rear ($49.99) but they did not make a ceramic pad for the fronts so I had to get the semi-metallic ones ($29.99).

High performance brakes usually are high cost, don't last as long, and often eat up the rotor as well. Get something at least as good as the factory pads and you will be fine.

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
I stuck with the OEMs...ran me $280 for all four tires/wheels...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I've got Hawk HP Racing Pads on the front and had the HPS (street) on the rear but was getting a lot of squeal from the rears on both the stock rotors and on the new Powerslot rotors. I went to NAPA and got their Organic pads for the rear and now no more squeal! Great!

Now, the Front Hawk Racing pads are super dusty, and if that does not straighten up soon, I will be trashing them as well and going back to NAPA for the Organic Fronts as well!

·
Registered
104 Posts
theres a good one on ebay called LOMANDI pads, ceramic metallic.. i went to a roadracing track (willow streets;horse theif mile) and a cobra there who goes out like every few weekends runs them, they are AWESOME brakes id say in middle of HPS and yellow stuff, the seller on ebay doesnt know bullitts so mention its for a mach 1 but you can get a full set of fronts/rears for about 75$, there canadian made so not easy to find but work great.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I use PBR / OEM factory front pads for the street, I have even used them on the track with suprising results.

HAWK HP+ pads now are my go to track pad, I would not recommend them for street do to the squeal, dust and the need for them to be hot to work properly.

·
Car Whisperer
20,869 Posts
I have had good results in the past with Performance Friction pads. Will probably go with those on mine.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hawk HPS worked awesome on the track for me. They did produce somne dust, but not too bad. Seemed to wear well after a hard track day also.

·
Premium Member
6,281 Posts
Hi Guys,
It's pretty hard to beat Performance Friction pads sold at Auto Zone. They were recommended to me by Sott Hoag and they work very well on open track days the the local road track. No noise, minimal dust and fantastic stopping power even when they get HOT.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts