Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess I should have asked before but what is everyone going to for brake pads...
I did some homework and come up with EBC's street pads. For no dust and no squeel. Directions say to send them back if they make noise. WORD of warning, I ordered fronts and rears and the fronts are good but the rears were too wide. The pad material was at least 3/16 th's of an inch wider than the one on the car. Don't think I wore that much away on the rear in only 7000 miles. Piston was defiently ALL the way in and I still needed about 1/4 inch to clear the rotor. I will call Monday. From the numbers, it looks like the Bullitt, Cobra and GT all have the same REAR brake. So you only have to argue with the sales guy about the fronts..

Mid Life Crisis #388

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mid Life Crisis #388 on 2004-11-15 10:15 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Send Marty(Mystang99) a message because I'm sure he researched this pretty well. I don't know what brand, but he swears by them.

Bob

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Please excuse my ignorance but why are you changing brake pads with such low miles on your car?

·
Registered
762 Posts
All it takes is a few auto-cross track days and some high speed braking.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All pads are not created equal.
Those factory pads are made to last a long time so as to give the customer the illusion of good brakes. However if the pads are lasting a long time then your rotors are not. I would rather change pads instead of rotors.
Here is what I get. No brake dust, the co. says they don't squeak, (not that they did anyway yet) and if they do squeak to send them back. Do not need to be heated to have their braking qualities, ie, the race pads need the heat in them BEFORE they stop you.
Pads that are 30%+ sticker and take the heat a lot better. Some days I end up riding my brakes in traffic for over an hour when it is 110+ out and then after you get going slam on the brakes again. Just insurance thats all.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey Roushraven99, I like the picture of your car at the track. Do you have a bigger picture of it. Your Bullitt looks totally mean. Are you running 17" or 18" wheels and what size tires?

Mike
DHG #3463

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roushraven99, I second that. If you have a nice large photo I would like to host that on my web site, I can make a new page for,
"BULLITTS in action."

·
Registered
762 Posts
The tires are 17's all the way around (for now) How big a picture do you want it???

·
Registered
762 Posts
Wow, fantastic!!! As for the name I think most will identify me by my net names so you can say #01333, or roushraven99. Thanks for letting me be a part of your site.
Arthur

·
Registered
762 Posts
The circuit is Donington Park Raceway. On track days the general public can go, otherwise it's a full on indy layout that hosts British Touring Car, Superbikes, and the class (???) that the Saleen S7 races in. Very fast and challenging and loads of fun.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, update on my EBC fat rear pads. Found out there is a difference between the GT and the Cobra/Bullitt rears... The GTs are 17mm and the Cobra/Bullitts are to be 15mm. I imagine that is because the rotor is a little bit wider. Instead of making a new caliper they just simply made the pads a little thinner and shorter life. EBC does not make the 15mm pads. The vendor offered to refund my money or he said if it was him he would simply sand them down and that he had done it in the past. Talked to my 5.0 guru and he saids sure sand them down. I will borrow a belt sander and let you know how it comes out. Also I forgot there is a special tool for ratcheting the rear piston back in once you have enough wear in the pad. It probably has something to do with the emergency brake system.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Nice site Mid Life! :cool: I thought your old one was good, have it book marked for future information. The new one is really snazzy. Where do you guys find the time to put together such cool web sites?

Keep it up, it's a wealth of information.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Hankster,
Most of it is the same info, just adding a few new things and then changing the layouts. Once you have it up and running then the maintenance is not too bad. The white fonts got to be a pain and it should be easier for people to print from and read.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK, finished the brakes, not much of the pads are visable on the front but quite a bit shows through on the rear. Here is a pic of the rears.

They almost feel the same as the stock pads untill you start to get on them, then they stack up real quick. A lot firmer on the end of a hard stop.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mid Life Crisis #388 on 2001-11-16 21:34 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mid Life Crisis #388 on 2004-11-15 10:13 ]</font>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts