Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bullitt 2075 had a really bad case of Brake Squeal. It's attracting a lot of attention but this is not the type of attention I want. I have tried to set the brakes and it works for a few miles but then it starts again.

Anyone else have this problem...if so whats the solution. The dealer told me that ford only covers inspecting the brakes once and I don't want to waste the inspection on squeal.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Mine squealed pretty bad, but I really didn't care.

I got the brakes ---really--- hot at the track and now I don't hear a peep from them.

So-- make a few attempts as hard braking. Like 70/80 to 30mpg, and do this until you smell something.

·
Registered
243 Posts
How many miles are on your Bullitt? Mostly highway miles or around town? Notice any problem slowing down while braking?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have about 1600 miles and it is mostly ity driving. I don't have any problems slowing down at all. Except for the sound.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Hey, I just started noticing my breaks sqealling too. Sounds like my rear passenger side. It only just started and it only happens under very light braking. I solved the problem with some hard braking.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm starting to hear some squealling coming from my car. I thought is was everyone else till I went into a parking garage and I was the only car around and I could still hear it. I'll have to try and get the brakes warmed up later today.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Same problem here. I just started noticing it. It only happens at light braking. I have about 4200 miles.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've been having brake squeal after about the 1st week. I have almost 5500 miles and still have some brake squeal, but not as bad as in the earlier miles. The squeal kinda comes and goes. I figured as long as it wasn't a metal sound, and the car braked fine, I wouldn't worry about it, and hopefully it would disappear over time. Guess I'll have to go play on the streets and do some hard braking as well.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,028 Posts
Brakes squeek on #344 also with 6,000 miles +. Sounds like the rear passenger side also. It's funny-hubby can't hear it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I guess i'm glad to hear that I am not the only one but on the other hand the squeal is starting to drive me crazy.

Thanks for all your input.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
My brakes started squealing after I put about 700 miles on...funny thing, the squeaking comes and goes. I guess it's nothing to worry about...

-Christine-
DHG#4930

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nothing to worry about, just irritating. My 96 GT started doing the same thing. The sound would come and go with no apparent reason.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Interesting post because mines doing the same thing, our brakes should not squel like that and I'm planning on bringing it in to the dealer next week and they will fix the problem which seems to be the fact that they should have put the anti-squel silicon on inbetween the shoes and calibur I believe. Plus my passenger window seems to be making a harsh noise when rolling down and up, I'll have them take a look at that aswell.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rodsbullitt on 2001-09-07 15:35 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
big ditto here!!!mine started sqealing around 2500 miles!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
hey, #3538's brakes sound like Ned Beatty in the movie "Deliverance"..........."Gotta purdy mouth, there..." You know the rest...

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
LMAO mswaim!!!!!! laughed out loud!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts