Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My "Black" Bullitt #3667 brakes are squealing, with about 1000 miles on it.
Mostly around 45 mph or lower.
Sounds like it coming from right side.
Does anybody else have this problem and if so
did anybody take to the dealer?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-10-01 11:46 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,048 Posts
There have been a LOT of people mentioning their brakes squeeling! Including ours. We had about 6,000 miles on her when ours started. Some of the guys said to brake hard and it will go away but we have tried that. Seems like the right side on #344 also. I think it will go away in time, tho. Nothing serious. Hubby said that the rotors get rusty from all the washing he does to the car! :lol:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
It did for awhile on mine actually. I had about 1100 miles when it started and this weekend was when it ended. I think it had somethign to do with slamming on my brakes while coasting at a good 120. Who knows.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have you guys tried any of that spray on brake cleaner. It really helped in some of my past cars getting rid of the squealing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have about 1800 miles and started hearing the squeek about 300 miles ago. It is very slight, from right side, only squeeks until brakes are applied with some force. It is annoying but it is probably just dirty pads.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLKBLIT on 2001-10-04 21:19 ]</font>

·
Registered
112 Posts
bout 400 miles on mine when i noticed it and the sales manager told me the same thing the pads are hard and do squiell, however it is just the right side. all take his word though i have a good feeling he will not lie to me after all he is my dad

·
Registered
33 Posts
Same here also,only mine started from day 1. I now have 1100 miles on it and it still squeels in rt rear. I refuse to tae it to the dealer to be raped.

Bob #244

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got rid of my squeek. In earlier post I mentioned a slight squeek until brakes applied with some force. Took a co-worker to lunch in BLKBLIT the other day and was mentioning my squeeky brakes. We got up to about 110MPH on the freeway access road and I applied the brakes REAL hard. Squeek is gone! You just need to get on them hard once in a while to clean off the crap.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have 8,000 miles on 01785, and brakes have been talking to me most of her life. I took the advice of slamming the brakes. I was at about 100 MPH, and then slammed the brakes. One, make that two words of caution when doing this;
1 - make sure anything loose in the car is secured, or is in the very front of the car, because that is where it will end up after the brake episode.
2 - If you have a head cold, don't slam the brakes, may cause dizziness, and one to become light headed. Trust me. That was a lot of force on my stuffy head. oooops.
And now the good news, may brakes haven't said a word since. Could that be the fix. Pretty easy, and fun.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm going to have to try braking hard from a High speed. My Right rear brake has been squealing almost from day one. The dealer could not give me a good explanation. I was expecting an answer like, "it's normal for these cars," instead I get, "I dunno" They told me to drive the same till the next oil change and then they'll inspect ALL the pads and discs.

My only worry with braking hard is that the rotors might warp. I've heard of this happening to Cobra owners.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I noticed my brakes squeeling about 200 miles ago. Got 1800 miles total. I am going to try slamming on my brakes, maybe it will fix my squeeling problem.

·
Registered
208 Posts
It's been about a week since slamming the brakes, and now the squeek has come back to life, just not as bad though. Just an update.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just tried braking hard to see if the squeeling would go away today and I think it worked. Have to wait and see if it comes back.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Chalmers2212, I've also been a charger fan my whole life, but didn't have any cool pictures to post until 1NastyFord hooked me up with this great picture. Thanks Nasty!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I posted earlier about this same wierd problem. Is this because of the floating calipers? I saw a few places from other owners that know quite a bit more that the pads sort of rub intermitantly (spelling) creating a pulsating noise that sounds awful. You guys all had this same problem? It definately goes away with brake application but comes right back. I haven't tried brake cleaner because I didn't understand if it would reduce the braking ability if it was really slippery. You would think it would help if it even got a bit wet but still can hear that squeek squeek squeek squeek while just cruising along. Really annoying! I'll try that hard brake application when I get on it later, hopefully its nothing serious. Like I stated on my other post, i've never owned a performance car, so this is all new to me. I guess high power creates lots of noise in all areas applied other than the engine haha.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts