Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do y'all have yours done (i.e. flushed, pads changed, etc.)
My car was purchased at 19K miles and the pads may or may not have ever been changed but I bet they were due to it's former life of autoX. It has around 60K now and the pads seem fine, but am I pushing it? It's due for a fuel filter anyway so I guess I'll have them done when that's going on if it's time, just wanted some fellow bullitt owners input, thanks!

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Pads wear differently depending on the driver but it wouldn't hurt to change the pads and bleed the system with 60K on it and not knowing the history of the brake system would probably be a good idea.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I changed my front pads at around 32,000 miles. They weren't all the way worn out but they were close.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
227 has 104 thousand miles and I changed the pads at around 80 thousand. And they still had lots left ;-). But 227 is a daily driver on the 101 freeway and it's not a lot of hard breaking. So it's going to really very between cars, and driving habits ;-).

Good luck

Bud

·
Premium Member
6,281 Posts
Hi All,
All Bullitts should have had the brake fluid changed by now. Brake fluid attracts moisture/water. Water can ruin brake parts and boil under hard braking.

Pads can wear out after a few good, hard, open track days or go tens of thousands of miles on the highway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts