Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of some new brake rotors. I would like to upgrade from stock, anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have Brembo Sport slotted rotors(p/n 47005) on 2135. The Tire Rack has them for $280 pr. or you could go with the Brembo replacement rotors(p/n 27005/67005) for $124 pr. Both are excellent upgrade rotors. Don't forget to get new pads also. I like the Hawk HPS for the street.

·
Premium Member
6,281 Posts
I like driving on open track days at the local road course. I decided on PowerSlot Cryo rotors.

Very satisfied.

On Scott Hoag's recommendation I also chose Performance Friction pads which are available from Auto Zone.

Even on open track days, the stock Bullitt/Cobra calipers are all you need.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
DHG #1078 said:
+1 for hawk pads
-1 for hawk pads

they rattle.. I've posted like 50 other times on it... but they loosen up in the caliper. I will go back to Motorcraft and never use them again.

·
Premium Member
6,281 Posts
Ezekial said:
-1 for hawk pads

they rattle.. I've posted like 50 other times on it... but they loosen up in the caliper. I will go back to Motorcraft and never use them again.

Did you use the little spring clips that keep the pads from rattling?

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
PhotoRick said:
Did you use the little spring clips that keep the pads from rattling?
I used whatever it came with.
problem is those expanding cups that are riveted to the back of the pad, and then "lock" into place in the caliper comes loose, thus causing the pad to rattle in the caliper. I ended up putting some gasket stuff behind the pad to help it stick to the caliper and not rattle.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Ezekial said:
-1 for hawk pads

Have never experienced that problem. Nor heard that from anyone else who I know using Hawk pads.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
DOC1FMF said:
Have never experienced that problem. Nor heard that from anyone else who I know using Hawk pads.
I've heard two others that I know of

·
Registered
323 Posts
I put HP+ on for the end of the summer, maybe 200 miles on them. After I put the B in hibernation and checked things out I discovered maybe I should change the rotors. Will there be any problems putting new Powerslots on with the HP+ pads? Should I change to Powerslots on all 4?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts