Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On braking at speed at around 120 mph I get a lot of vibration and movement through the steering wheel, has anyone experienced this problem before,what could be the reason ?

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Depending on the miles of your car, possible warped front rotors. Ford is notorious for that.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
That could still be an issue, especially if you brake hard at 120 mph on a regular basis. I didn't look, I was thinking 01 Bullitt. It may also have something to do with the ABS?

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
lock the brakes a few times hard at speed and you will get hot / high spots on the rotors..... need to get them turned or better rotors to repalce the factory ones

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Probably warped rotors, a common problem with the rotors of today. May be covered under warranty.

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Mike in Spain said:
On braking at speed at around 120 mph I get a lot of vibration and movement through the steering wheel, has anyone experienced this problem before,what could be the reason ?
I have killed 3 sets of disc rotors and 4 sets of pads in 10,000 miles
I got on it hard at just over 150 racing a VR6. That killed a set of discs in one go and they ended up
with Blue spots all arond them.
Just change out the discs and pads to start. I have done so many now that a custom Race Company
is going to make me some custom 2 part disc rotors-
Look out for this big brake mod

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
English Bob said:
I have killed 3 sets of disc rotors and 4 sets of pads in 10,000 miles
I got on it hard at just over 150 racing a VR6. That killed a set of discs in one go and they ended up
with Blue spots all arond them.
Just change out the discs and pads to start. I have done so many now that a custom Race Company
is going to make me some custom 2 part disc rotors-
Look out for this big brake mod
there is already a few companies making these
quick example
http://www.steeda.com/products/dba_brake_rotors.php

1 - 12 of 12 Posts