Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i was changing my rear rotors today and bled out the rear passenger brake line and master cylinder. I didn't get around to doing anything else but...

when i apply the brake hard my rpms dip, and once or twice the car has shut down. There is a lot of hissing noise coming from the front two brakes or somewhere in the center of the engine and only occurs when i apply the brake hard (ie. as far as it goes). Is this just air in the line from old fluid - which i will flush out tmmrw or is this a bigger issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :).

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
Did u bleed the master into itself

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you mean empty out the master so that it sucks in air? Then no. I topped it up after about 8 or 9 applications. Reading online, could it possibly be a booster vaccum leak?

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
The master has two bleeders. You put a hose on it and run it into the master thru the top. One ata time

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
Yes. That's right

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you run the master dry?
No, i topped it off pretty frequently. How would running the master dry contribute to the engine shutting off? I've been ridiculously busy with work, so hopefully i can get to this soon and report back to you lovely folk :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
No, i topped it off pretty frequently. How would running the master dry contribute to the engine shutting off? I've been ridiculously busy with work, so hopefully i can get to this soon and report back to you lovely folk :)
Gill I think you have a problem with the power steering pump. The 01Bullitts use a hydrolic pressure to boost the brake master cylinder.
The problem could be just low fluid or the pump itself . Vacuum should not have anything to do with the brakes.

It may be the pump is putting a lot of drag on the belt and at a low RPMs the engine stalls. :b01:

·
Registered
730 Posts
I was just going to say it's a booster problem but the bullitts have a hydraulic system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts