Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered the Brenspeed tuned SCT X3 and the FRPP 5230-5GT axle-back. Mufflers will be here next week, and tuner the week after. Can't wait to do the install and really wake the Bullitt up! More to come....

·
Registered
349 Posts
you will add just the tune? thats what I wanted to do now, and dyno the car to see realy how much just the tune can get...
please keep me updated ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
tune

getting it tuned will really wake it up. I put straight pypes and a 93 octane tune and it made 307 RWHP. It makes a difference. Good Luck

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hello folks. Been awhile since I posted, but have been "busy" with other unimportant stuff. Very interesting topic here. David, what do you mean by "straight pipes"? I too want to wake up the Bullitt to deliver somewhere around 300RWHP. There's so much potential in this car!

·
Registered
293 Posts
McGannbullitt said:
i took the stock mufflers off and put pypes muffler delete system on and it made 307RWHP
and it was running hot.
How does it sound? Wake up the neighbors loud? Or just right loud?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Installed the 5230-5GT's this afternoon. First off, a bit of background on my exhaust: my first mod was the Pypes muffler delete axle backs, had them on the car for all of one day, way too loud for me. Next I installed the Pypes Violaters, WOW, great sound, and good quality for the price. I always wanted the 5GT's, but they are a bit expensive. After selling the Pypes deletes, I had a little extra mod money, and found the 5GT's for a great price and finally pulled the trigger. UPS dropped them off today, and all I can say is they are AMAZING. Super quality and super light, install went well for the most part, (had to modify the drivers side front hanger due to some clearance issues), but that's about it. As for the sound, it is incredible, not much louder than the Violaters, but the tone is much smoother, no trumpeting under heavy throttle, and nice and mellow when you are cruising. My Brenspeed tuned SCT X3 will be here next week, can't wait!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just installed the Brenspeed 91 octane performance tune, and took the B out for a spin around the block. Car is now an absolute animal, throttle response is crazy. Revs through first gear in a flash, can't wait to get it out and really let it stretch it legs. I loved this car in stock form, but after driving it with the FRPP 5GT's and the Brenspeed tune, I can't believe the difference.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi Andy, what was the price on the Brenspeed sct x3. How much work involved with the tune,and we have 93 octane gas ? Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jim: Brenspeed SCT was $379 shipped, the tune downloaded in about five minutes. My SCT came with 3 tunes: 93; 91; and 87. In Vegas the only place to get better than 93octane that I know of is at the Speedway, that is why I am running the 91 tune.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi Dave and Julie:

I don't know about a money back guarantee, but I just got my Brenspeed tune the other day and before I installed it I was a bit pessimistic and frankly thought the hype too good to be true.

It is, however, everything I hoped for and more.

I really and truly don't think you'll be disappointed and their customer service and patience in answering questions is first-rate.

Call and ask for Seth (as Terry H recommended to me). It's obvious they've done their homework and stand behind what they offer.

Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
The Brenspeed tune and the Bamachips tune are the two best mod/tunes for the '05+ Mustangs. I personally prefer the Bamachips, but they are both great... . .Like comparing a Lincoln to a Caddy.

·
Registered
349 Posts
THIS BRENSPEED TUNE IS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!JUST LOADED IT 5 MIN AGO!!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
SwissBullitt said:
THIS BRENSPEED TUNE IS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!JUST LOADED IT 5 MIN AGO!!!!!
Can you tell us what it like. I think im going to buy one instead of 4.10 gears. From what i have seen this tuner is supposed to be very good. i just want to hear the most i can about it.

josh

·
Registered
349 Posts
o2gt said:
Can you tell us what it like. I think im going to buy one instead of 4.10 gears. From what i have seen this tuner is supposed to be very good. i just want to hear the most i can about it.

josh
hey josh, I loaded it just today and went ou just for a quick ride to see if the car works...and really in low rpms you notice that it response quicker...
I can't tell you a lot cause I made just a few miles...let you know more at the end of the week...also want to see if realy gas/mil is better...
just one thing:
you know that kind of sensation you have when you got the first time your bullitt and you drove it and said "wow this car is fast" then more time you drive it this new experience comes to like a routine...I mean you feel that the car is quick but you dont have this "First time" experience...I've got it again...cause really you feel it!!!!

like I said just drove it few miles, let you know more...
hope it helps

Chris

1 - 20 of 22 Posts