Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the Ford Racing Springs a couple of days ago and love the stance & the feel on the road! Sit's a full inch lower than stock & I was also shocked at the improvment in handling too!

This afternoon I also installed a set of 1" wheel spacers in the rear and I really like the way it pushs them out.

Likewise I also installed a Bassani Axleback kit and love the sound. Louder but not so much that it isn't livible on long drives.

Up next? Brenspeed tuner. ;)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Looks and sounds awesome!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's funny how the dogs started barking when I kicked it over.

Guess I'll have to watch the rpms when I enter the neighborhood from now on. ;)

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
great choices in mods there.sounds great, sweet stance.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Nice stance. Think I'm gonna go with the FRPP K springs too...

Are those them?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I Likey. Looks Great And Sounds Great. Bret Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jymontoya said:
Nice stance. Think I'm gonna go with the FRPP K springs too...

Are those them?
Yup! M-5300-K.

Should drop one of our Bullitt's bout a full inch (regular GT about 1.5").

Cant say it enough about how impressed I am with the ride. Firm but still livable for daily driving. Kind'a rough & harsh on broken or uneven roads and you have to kind of watch speed bumps a little more than before but still really happy with the results.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Silverback said:
The new additions look and sound great!

Now get out and drive that Garage Queen!
Thanks!

But if my Bullitt is anything at all - with 42,000 on the clock, she ain't a Garage Queen! Just just looks like one. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again guys.

BTW - went to the local tire shop yesterday and am getting some new Kumho 255/45ZR18tires later today.

Should really compliment the lowered stance.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Looks and sounds great.........I like the stance..........

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Bret,

Looking Muscle Car like Big Guy :bigguns:

Nice Job Man ............

tigerhonaker

BTW,

I'm very much considering going with the
255x45x18 Tires. All 4-Wheels
Brand, still thinking !!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
The lowered stance looks teriffic :cool: Did you have to adjust or change anything else in the suspension? Did it affect ride quality?

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thumper61 said:
Bret:

Like that sound of the exhaust. What was the part# on those axle backs?

John
Hey thanks John,

I got the Bassani Axle-Back (05-09 GT/GT500) from American Muscle P/N# 31104.

Scruffy said:
The lowered stance looks teriffic :cool: Did you have to adjust or change anything else in the suspension? Did it affect ride quality?
Thanks Bob,

Actually except for having to take it easy going over speed bumps in parking lots and all but the most crude roads - ride quality doesn't seem to have suffered that much. Truthfully I think like the firmer more panted feel that they give off even in normal driving.

Moreover there’s this major “DIP” that I have to pass over when first entering my street that before seemed to really bounce me around a lot – with lots of front end up & down movement. Now there’s hardly any.

I also noticed that while it is a bit harsh on uneven or broken blacktop – there doesn’t seem to be as much wheel hopping under heavy acceleration. Almost feels like I’m running traction bars.

But the true test is this weekend as I’m going to Las Vegas and returning on Monday. If I or my female companion/co-pilot have any complaints I’ll update the thread at that time.

Truth is I was half expecting some significant loss in ride quality but if this is as bad as it gets I'm ok with it.

Other than that it feels like a totally new car. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tigerhonaker said:
Bret,

Looking Muscle Car like Big Guy :bigguns:

Nice Job Man ............

tigerhonaker

BTW,

I'm very much considering going with the
255x45x18 Tires. All 4-Wheels
Brand, still thinking !!!!
Thanks Terry!

I'll be sure to do some more before & after pictures when I get the tires installed. Should fill out the wheel wells pretty good especially in the rear with the 1" wheel spacers.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Bret08 said:
Thanks Terry!

I'll be sure to do some more before & after pictures when I get the tires installed. Should fill out the wheel wells pretty good especially in the rear with the 1" wheel spacers.
We & I :) will be looking for those Up-Dated Pics ...........

tigerhonaker

·
Car Whisperer
21,384 Posts
nice ride height. I like the sound of that exhaust better than most of the others on here...probably cheaper too since it was only the axle back. good job!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nice hat trick Brett. I really like the sound of the exhaust and the spacer/springs combo provide an awesome stance. Very well done my man.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts