Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen this posted, but forgive me if it's been discussed before.

I've noticed that my Bullitt must have brighter than usual low beams because I have a lot of people flashing their headlights at me thinking I have the high beams on.

They appear to be adjusted correctly (not aimed high)

Has anyone else experienced this ?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Do most of the "Flashers" have dim, dingy headlights? Are they drivig older models?

If so that's your answer. They just aren't used to the newer high energy lighting on the newer cars.

·
Registered
456 Posts
That happened to me too. It was during the day I guess I turned them on with out thinking. I was driving through a construction zone and a cop told me to turn my bright off over his loud speaker. When i checked it was just the regular lights.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I getted "flashed" a lot, too. I'm used to it, people used to flash my Wrangler a bunch.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
I get flashed as well, but not until the dealer put a new light on the drivers side. The allignment is way off :wink: When the car goes back for paint work, I am going to make then re adjust the lights.

Take care.

Bud

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've also noticed people tapping on the brakes when I drive behind them at night. I keep looking to make sure my brights aren't on. And I know I'm not too close behind them.

·
Registered
835 Posts
If you look really closely at the light pattern you will see a flat beam with the right side elevated. These German-style focused lights are designed to light up road and highway signs on the right side of the road at athe same time. The old style sealed-beam headlights required on older US made cars didn't do that.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It's good to hear I am not the only one. I thought it was because of my fog lights that I installed. I added 4 small (2 on each side - similiar to the CDC design)lights and I kept thinking they were aimed wrong or just too much light.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-25 07:02, retromuscle wrote:
I wish people were flashing me! :grin: :grin: :grin:

ROTFLMAO!

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

·
Registered
193 Posts
I used to flash other drivers a lot.
A few weeks in the county lockup cured me of that little habit. Now my raincoat only comes out when it is raining.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts