Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was all excited today i finally got my fog lights in, and i put two new front 02 sensors in the front bc they were malfunctioning. but i didnt attempt to fire the car up till hours later when it was dark and it wont start. The starter doesnt even crank at all. The battery has plenty of juice, and connections are good, the starter is still all plugged in. We hit it a few times with a hammer and rocked the car back n forth a few times. Starter still doesnt engage. and yeah i have no idea whats going on with it. Nothing i did that i know of could of caused it not to start. I had also cleared some codes from earlyere with my programer but thats it. now i have no car yey, all let u guys know if i figure it out :cry:

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
did you check all of your fuses to make sure non of them are loose or blown. my car did nothing for me on night and the lights all worked and i found the terminal was not tight enough. so you may want to check that also. I will try to look up some more info and post it later..... let me know what happens

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Do the lights, and other electrical stuff work? I agree soulds like it could be a fuse/ or main fuse-link problem to me.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Try and "bridge" the starter with an old screwdriver.If it turns you then work your way back.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All fuses are fine, everything is plugged in. The car starts when plugging a screwdriver from i think its the solenoid wire to the battery. my speedo doesnt work now and the car stalls everytime when in neutral. my friend says when im turning the key nothing works from the ignition to the battery, but with the key on you can use a screw driver and it starts fine. He wanted me to get a starter wiring diagram, SO IF ANYONE HAS ONE FOR ARE 01 bullitts give me a link, he said it could also be my aftemarket alarm that i know nothing about the alarm was in before. cars alls messed up electrically looks like and im screwed = )

·
Registered
241 Posts
If you have an aftermarket alarm,I would start looking there. It sounds like you have a start interlock style system, that will keep starter from engaging and interfere with other systems.

I have seen weird starting issues with alarms, my GF had a Blazer that would randomly start in the middle of the night. Needless to say it scared the jeebies out of her, she thought someone was stealing it. I eventually had to completely disable it. The system was on the Blazer when she bought it, she always wondered what that extra key fob was for........

See if you can identify the brand of system and get documentation.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sadly there is no idenification on the alarm that i can see, but i was reading if the pad security system was set when the ke was turned on the red alarm light would keep flashing for more than 3 sec's or stay on which it doesnt.

·
Registered
576 Posts
JediBullitt said:
i was all excited today i finally got my fog lights in, and i put two new front 02 sensors in the front bc they were malfunctioning. but i didnt attempt to fire the car up till hours later when it was dark and it wont start. The starter doesnt even crank at all. The battery has plenty of juice, and connections are good, the starter is still all plugged in. We hit it a few times with a hammer and rocked the car back n forth a few times. Starter still doesnt engage. and yeah i have no idea whats going on with it. Nothing i did that i know of could of caused it not to start. I had also cleared some codes from earlyere with my programer but thats it. now i have no car yey, all let u guys know if i figure it out :cry:
Did it start before you installed and modified the lights?

Marty

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it has nothing to do with the floor mats lol. and i did the 02's first then the fog lights so no about starting it afterwards.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I have seen fuses look ok but are not upon closer examination

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'll check your wiring of the lights maybe something got unplugged. The clutch in neutral switch. Then the alarm i would just pull the fuse on that. If you unplugged the battery sometimes the settings get screwed up. (it happened to me where it would self arm, no confirm when arming etc etc...) Relays over time just stick open/close so thats why i suggest pulling that fuse. It may be near the brain or somehow tied in at the fuse box.Hope this helps.......

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks guys, i took out the alarm today no luck there. All get everything squared away hopefully tomorrow

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
my littlr broyjrts truck wouldnt start one night and he had it towed to the dealer. it turned out to be the starter wiring harness had shorted to the frame. it was going thru the same deal with the lights were fine and when he turned the key nothing. hope this helps.:dhg01:

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
did you get the car running yet. if so what was wrong with it for my own curiosity:dhg01:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I was wondering the same thing.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The car is fixed !!!!!!. Turned out to be one single harness that was unplugged. It hooks up too the front two 02's and a few other things run through it. Bc it was unplugged the computer didnt want the car to run in fear of damaging it, so it had a starter kill on it. Whats annoying is i thought something came unplugged but everyone told me there is no way it not starting can have anything to do with it starting. When i had finished with my fog lights and my front 02's everything looked plugged in and i couldnt see n e thing i had touched that was unplugged. But i guess there was a harness above the transmission that you cant see. The guy who figured it out only by chance discovered it, he said he couldnt even see it himself. well in the end its running now, so hopefully i can get over how dumb i was

·
Registered
656 Posts
Has nothing to do with dumb, it's them little mod gremblins :irked: that happen from time to time. We've all been bitten by them :eek:uch: Be glad you found the fix and enjoy your new Bullitt mods :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
Glad to hear your B is up and running now you can catch the Blonde in the Black B...:lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts