Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I guess I did a hard enough launch cause when I did it cracked the right lower c/a and tore the bushings out of the left upper. Bummer. I put the stock ones back on for now and I will modify them this saturday.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Cool! Breaking control arms rocks! :cool: I *severely* twisted a set of lowers in my old Impala SS when I had the stock 3.07 gears, 1400 stall converter, and street tires. :grin: Torque kicks @ss!

DHG #4851

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: retromuscle on 2002-01-09 14:29 ]</font>

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Man be easy on ol'Bullitt....you might want to keep it awhile! Be sure to check the mounting areas,if you are breaking those things,they are only spot welded!

·
Registered
594 Posts
I chewed through 2 of the 4 Grade 8 bolts connecting the driver-side ladder bar shackle to the axle tube on my Monte Carlo. It's a stock 3.27 rear, but the 402 has been massaged to put out around 375 hp. I was pretty stoked until I realized the shackle was somewhere on on Rt 49 in Northwest Indiana. It cost me over $200 to have a machine shop make me another one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts