Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke my left wrist while snowboarding. Damn wife won't let me drive my car w/ one hand! 4-6 weeks of Volvo S70 for me. Yech!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: From the other side on 2002-01-14 17:01 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Sorry 'bout your hand....but NOT DRIVING THE CAR...that is just cruel and unnecessary punishment. Well, maybe not unnecessary, but definitely CRUEL !!!

Ouch

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
wait a minute here,....is SHE driving the Bullitt now?
i smell something VERY fishy...did she have access to your board BEFORE you took a spill?
did she give you anything to drink JUST before you went boarding? hmmmmmmm

CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
448 Posts
Man, that really sucks!! :sad: Those will be the longest weeks of your life, sorry to hear about that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You're still kinda lucky. If the wife's not watching, you could still slip away for a little grind through the gears. I was in a sold cast from my knee to my toes on my left foot for 7 weeks. (i.e. no clutch!)

The cast came off on Dec 19th. It was very stiff and sore, but I took DHG 294 out X-mas shopping on Dec 20th. It hurt like hell, but you couldn't wipe the you know what eating grin off my face as I blasted through the gears with Limp Bizkits "Break Stuff" cranked on the 460. Heaven!

Dfresh,
DHG 294

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wait a minute. Looks like you broke your left wrist! You shift with your right hand, Hmmm . . . . .

·
Registered
716 Posts
If she was a good wife like mine, she would do the shifting while you do the driving. Mine is pretty good at the left handed shift. Get well soon.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yeah, something just doesn't sound right here...you don't need your left hand!! You have a perfectly good right with which to shift and a knee (or two) with which to steer so what's her problem!?!?! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Speedy recovery to you!!!
Bubbles

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dona on 2002-01-15 01:49 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
"and a knee to steer"...LOL
very good!!!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to all for the well wishing. As for the car, I've decided to give it a go. As long as I don't run in to any emergency situations, I'll be fine.
I'll just stay away from emergency situations! LOL.
Wish me luck.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Funny thing is, for the week that my wife drove my car, she got two compliments a day. I guess it's just easier for guys to compliment girls.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Bummer Dude ;-(. My snowboarding days are over, but I still ride my mountian bike and I'm wating for the day I fall and break something. But all of my vehicals are manual transmision, so I guess I still drive the Bullitt if that happens :wink:

Heal soon!

Bud

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hey BudaCAD - BIG Mountain Biking fan here!!!! :grin: :grin:

Bubbles

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Me too! I used to mtn. bike all the time...races on weekends etc. I haven't done that for a few years. I put almost 3 grand into my bike...now it's worth almost nothing. :razz:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Well, I don't have THAT much in my bike :smile:, but it's a great bike, I love it.

It's a GT Backwoods...it's all silver with purple accents...oh, and skull and crossbones valve stems, of course. We ride on the Katy Trail here in Missouri and usually take the side routes up to the wineries for a change of pace....those hills go STRAIGHT up! :grin: When we go, we do about 30-50 miles each time.

Bubbles

·
Registered
30 Posts
MY WIFE LOVES HOT CARS AND HAS AS MUCH OF A INTEREST IN THEM A I. STRANGE IS THAT SHE DOES NOT HAVE ANY INTEREST IN DRIVING MANUAL TRANSMISSION VEHICLES. TOO BAD FOR HER, YIPEE FOR ME, BULLIT ALL FOR MYSELF.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Hi Donna,

I love Mountian Biking. I have a GT Avalanche. A few upgrades, imagine that<G>. I have a photo of it on the front of my WEB site.

http://www.sonic.net/budacad

My brother got me hooked on this :wink: I have a bad knee back from Football and Wrestling days ;-(

If you get to Norhtern California, bring your bike. We have some KILLER places to ride.

Take care.

Bud

1 - 19 of 19 Posts