Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought it back ~7 hours from my Father's workplace in Hampton, Virginia today after signing the papers last night. Brought my girlfriend with me. We had a blast, and hse drives it harder than I expected. (And well.) Hands down I've never had so much fun in a car. I know that some of you here don't consider any car that doesn't run 12's to be fast, but to me it is scary fast. If I redline the first three gears, the only word to describe my feeling by the top of 3rd is fear.

Took it to 110 today, which surprisingly was MUCH more frightening than 105 was in my Tbird. However I may just not be used to the car yet. Fortunately my ticket was only for 73 in a 55. Maryland. Sheesh. Must have seen 9 people pulled over in Maryland. It was the strangest ticket I've ever gotten. In the first 1/2 second I saw this cop, I knew he had me, I hit the brakes, I saw him pull the radar down. I bet he didn't get to 50 mph before he started slowing back down, because I just knew he had me and so I pulled right over. Only 70 bucks, could have been worse. I called my dad when we got in and told him about it. He said I should copy it and put it with the rest of the paperwork. I think I will....

You were all right. It's every bit as fun a car as you said. AND, though I'm happily committed, a cutie in an Acura slowed down to give me a thumbs up and a "Nice Car" mouthed through the window. And, it seems not to lean, the seats are where they should be, the paint is good, the exhaust is at the same height, rear springs seem OK, interior panels all line up, transmission is mounted securely. Haven't looked at the computuer code yet. I stopped caring about numbers and 1/4 mile times the first time I "got on it". It's just a hell of a car.

See you around...

Joe

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Amen to that...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Joe, This car is all about fun, not so much competition. but it sure is nice to know you have some gonads under the hood when a challenger comes along. (or Charger for that matter) It's the most fun I've ever had driving a car. Pure delight. Dale

·
Registered
351 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-20 22:49, DHG-1934 wrote:
Brought it back ~7 hours from my Father's workplace in Hampton, Virginia today after signing the papers last night. Brought my girlfriend with me. We had a blast, and hse drives it harder than I expected. (And well.) Hands down I've never had so much fun in a car. I know that some of you here don't consider any car that doesn't run 12's to be fast, but to me it is scary fast. If I redline the first three gears, the only word to describe my feeling by the top of 3rd is fear.

Took it to 110 today, which surprisingly was MUCH more frightening than 105 was in my Tbird. However I may just not be used to the car yet. Fortunately my ticket was only for 73 in a 55. Maryland. Sheesh. Must have seen 9 people pulled over in Maryland. It was the strangest ticket I've ever gotten. In the first 1/2 second I saw this cop, I knew he had me, I hit the brakes, I saw him pull the radar down. I bet he didn't get to 50 mph before he started slowing back down, because I just knew he had me and so I pulled right over. Only 70 bucks, could have been worse. I called my dad when we got in and told him about it. He said I should copy it and put it with the rest of the paperwork. I think I will....

You were all right. It's every bit as fun a car as you said. AND, though I'm happily committed, a cutie in an Acura slowed down to give me a thumbs up and a "Nice Car" mouthed through the window. And, it seems not to lean, the seats are where they should be, the paint is good, the exhaust is at the same height, rear springs seem OK, interior panels all line up, transmission is mounted securely. Haven't looked at the computuer code yet. I stopped caring about numbers and 1/4 mile times the first time I "got on it". It's just a hell of a car.

See you around...

Joe
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE> LIFE IS GOOD, when your a bullitthead! [period].

·
Registered
543 Posts
DHG-1934, wow...taking it up to 110 after just picking it up? I just hit 500 miles on 2731 and got the nerve to get on it for a few seconds to seat the valves and rings. When I looked down I was doing 100 MPH in 4th and took my foot off the gas. It tasted like more but I resisted. I'm only going to do this a few times during the break-in period...to seat the valves and rings. I wonder if a cop would buy that if I got stopped?

John

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
I must have seated my rings REAL good by now!!! Car is real stable at 130.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Watch out guy and dolls, cops just love to stop Speeding Bullitts!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TBB-- I only had it there briefly. Combining all the various break in advice I read here and elsewhere, plus what my father and various motorheads had to say, the concensus seemed to be somwhere between run it hard, and drive it like you plan to, plus don't maintain any one constant speed on the trip home. So I followed this as best I could, occasionally straying to the "run it hard" side, but not for very long. I wasn't at 110 in 3rd, you know! :smile:

LOVE THIS CAR!

Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts