Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had 220 since early May. It's my weekend driver and since then I've been getting to know it gradually.

I've seen all the posts about defects and such and this club has been really helpful in figuring what to look for.

Well, here's one for ya. The trunk hinge on the passengers side was bent and rubbing against itself, wearing out the paint. Not to mention the trunk has never fit square.

I brought it to my dealer and the body shop manager told me I should just try some touch up paint. I used the sample he gave me and it rubbed off immediately.

He also removed the springy think on that side so the trunk would fit square.

Well, I figured I'd live with it and then I noticed the water spots in my headlights so I called the dealer and they turned me over to the Body Shop Mook and he ordered the lights. I brought the car in today for the lights and told him about the hinge problem again.

He says "Okay, we'll try to bang it straight with a rubber mallett."

I say "Okay."

Well, that was a mistake. I picked up the car at noon, I've now got this dimple on the right rear fender where it meets the hood.

#@#@#&*()??!!!!!!!!!!

Morale of the story: If you can't see it from the outside. LEAVE IT ALONE.

Hopefully the "Dent Wizard" has some magic for me on Tuesday.

DDDD'oooohhhh!!!!!

Bullitt220

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt220 on 2001-08-31 18:25 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jjZ109a,

I got mine at Millbury Ford/Mercury is Auburn Ma. They are really good to deal with as far as purchasing a car.
220 never made it to the showroom and after yesterday it may never be serviced by anyone but me.

Where is Burge Ford? Where are you from? How do you like 230?

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,049 Posts
bullitt220: Those remove-a-dent guys really can do great work. We had a "massage therapist" remove a nice dent hubby put in the roof when he leaned on it with his hand reaching to wax the middle part. You can't even tell that there was a dent there now! Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts