Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
According to Wikipedia, Bud Ekins died on Saturday. Can anyone verify this?

KO

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
All I see is Herbert "Bud" Ekins died last week. He was a journalist. I find nothing that the hall of fame stuntman died. Wikipidea can be altered by anyone and is not always accurate. I did see a picture of Bud with Chad Mcqueen from about 6 months ago. He is now in a wheelchair and looked in poor health but if he'd died it be all over the internet. I have his autograph.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Not looking good. I just read an email that says Michael Parks visited Bud Ekins at Cedar Sinai hospital 10-1-07 and Bud is very ill. Bud doubled for Parks in the tv series "Then Came Bronson".

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A sad day for the Bullitt world.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
It sounds like he had a great life from what I've read. Also everyone it seems who knew him says he was a really great guy. He was very kind autographing my picture. I mailed the picture I purchased from E-bay to his motorcycle shop in California about 5 years ago with a return envelope and a note asking for his signature. As you see, I received it about 2 weeks later. It's one of my prized possessions.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nobody seems to have picked up on this.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
There's not much else you can say. I ride a motorcycle also so I know about his accomplishments as a racer and a hall of fame stunt rider. He taught Steve Mcqueen how to ride dirt bikes and Mcqueen became a great rider because of it. He and Mcqueen became good friends when Mcqueen walked into his motorcycle shop. Mcqueen picked up collecting motorcycles from Bud. Only according to Bud, Mcqueen could buy an entire collection while Ekins would buy one bike at a time. From the interviews of him I've read, he seemed to be a pretty cool guy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts