Discussion Starter #2
test

Attachments

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,067 Posts
PY, wanna see my bra?

:wink:
Bra's sure come in handy, don't they though, Collin? We keep one on #344 ALL the time since 2001 and there is no paint color difference or scratches.

Last summer's road trip back from the coast:

Attachments

·
Car Whisperer
20,870 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DragonBullitt said:
Collin, is that your garage :)?
Tim, that's the District 2 garage at CPD.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Maybe I should take before & after pictures of the front end of #0005 when I drive from Alabama to Maine in late May. That could be quite a mess with all the spring bugs I'll be navigating through...John R:cool:

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TwoStangWmn said:
:wink:
Bra's sure come in handy, don't they though, Collin? We keep one on #344 ALL the time since 2001 and there is no paint color difference or scratches.

Last summer's road trip back from the coast:
Yes they do, Vicki.

I went through many swarms of critters in the past two days while road tripping to ATL and back...no worries. Few worries regarding swarms of ROCKS & GRAVEL as well.

:py2:

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Iwant1 said:
Maybe I should take before & after pictures of the front end of #0005 when I drive from Alabama to Maine in late May. That could be quite a mess with all the spring bugs I'll be navigating through...John R:cool:
John, a good nose cover (some say "bra") is a good investment, imho.

:smile:

·
Car Whisperer
20,870 Posts
PY said:
Tim, that's the District 2 garage at CPD.
Oh man, I thought you had yourself a really cool garage at your house...too bad lol.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
John, a good nose cover (some say "bra") is a good investment, imho.
It would almost be worth getting one just for the trip home. Once the car gets to Maine it really won't be an issue. The vast majority of the road time it will see will be right at the coast here where there really arent flying critter issues. I'm sure it's going to get plastered on the drive home though. I think I remember seeing that MRaburn had put some sort of protective film on the front of the hood though, that may help some.

·
3,389 Posts
Iwant1 said:
It would almost be worth getting one just for the trip home. Once the car gets to Maine it really won't be an issue. The vast majority of the road time it will see will be right at the coast here where there really arent flying critter issues. I'm sure it's going to get plastered on the drive home though. I think I remember seeing that MRaburn had put some sort of protective film on the front of the hood though, that may help some.:smile:

It would almost be worth it to post that reply three more times!!! :lol:

I suggest before you leave for home put a bunch of quality wax coats on the front end. You'll be glad you did if you don't use a bra.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
yep, nothing better than a front end wax with no bra

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
TOYS-R-ME! said:
It would almost be worth it to post that reply three more times!!! :lol:

Dangit!!! I hate it when that happens!!LOL :eek:
How the heck do I delete that embarassment?

I suggest before you leave for home put a bunch of quality wax coats on the front end. You'll be glad you did if you don't use a bra.
That sounds like a plan, I'm going to need to stop anyway to get some octane boost (never know what I'll find for gas on the way home) so I could get some wax at the same time. I'll have to make a bunch of CD's to bring on the trip as all I have now are MP3 cds. This will be a blast!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
TOYS-R-ME! said:
Your multiple posts have been deleted. :smile:
Thank you sir-I see you have forgiven me for my improper use of the words "go" and "sens" in the same sentence. lol:lol:

·
Premium Member
7,414 Posts
Iwant1 said:
It would almost be worth getting one just for the trip home. Once the car gets to Maine it really won't be an issue. The vast majority of the road time it will see will be right at the coast here where there really arent flying critter issues. I'm sure it's going to get plastered on the drive home though. I think I remember seeing that MRaburn had put some sort of protective film on the front of the hood though, that may help some.
The front end film is really great! We had the wife's C230 done before we took it on the first road trip.

I was able to get refection from the edge using flash in the garage, in daylight you can't really see it unless you're right up close looking for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
kfengler said:
The front end film is really great! We had the wife's C230 done before we took it on the first road trip.

I was able to get refection from the edge using flash in the garage, in daylight you can't really see it unless you're right up close looking for it.

That's good to know. I went back to MRaburns Stangnet for sale page and the pictures of #0005 look like the front end is perfect. Here is a link..

http://www.stangnet.com/Ford-Mustang-News/2001-Bullitt-0005-is-For-Sale-070209.html

It hasn't even had a plate on the front. Judging by the pictures either the car has the protective film or Mike only drove it at 10mph...Lol :lol:

3 More Weeks!!!:cry:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Iwant1 said:
I beleive that you should look at Saran Wrap. A one time romp across country would make a box of that stuff seem like a good investment. Whether you do a bra, or wax or not.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
I beleive that you should look at Saran Wrap. A one time romp across country would make a box of that stuff seem like a good investment. Whether you do a bra, or wax or not.
An interesting question is what would be less destructive to a pristene car on a long drive:
  • Driving in a steady rain
  • Driving in nice weather but being exposed to 1300 miles of dust, bugs & crap
The car has only been in rain a couple of times so far, so I'm sure the undercarriage is as nice as above. Driving in rain would be messy underneath, but it would keep bugs & crap off the paint. And I could get under the car & detail it-Heck I'm going to do that anyway..I guess it really doesn't matter since I am at the mercy of mother nature that weekend regardless of my wishes....:neutral:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts