Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The build number for my bullitt is on my front bumper cover in front of the drivers side headlight. It's hidden in plain sight under the paint and can barely be seen under the paint. If it wasn't pointed out to me I would've never found it. Does anyone else have the build number located in the same location? The only way to see it is to look at a 45 degree angle while standing to the left or right of the headlight.

·
Premium Member
13,824 Posts
Ford never put anything like that there. Somebody took a cue from Saleen and put the numbers on the fascia. Then, sounds like a previous owner resprayed the Bullitt and didn't remove the decals. Other Bullitt owners, and several Mustangs, have put them on over the years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response. I thought it might be a hidden number location. I've only had the car for two weeks. The previous owners took care of the car. Showroom condition with 47k miles. It even has a IMBOC sticker under the hood from the previous owner.

·
Registered
736 Posts
This is the only factory item under the bumper that says "Bullitt" as far as I'm aware. Its a tag behind the bumper and headlight from the assembly line. It does not have anything to do with the sequential number of the bullitt because the bullitts were not made in order. the numbers were randomly assigned if I recall correctly

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have #00007 and there is no such number on mine I am the original owner
Hi. I’m going to be selling my father’s 2001 Bullitt. I read that the build number is on the front strut on the driver’s side. Can anyone provide a photo of where exactly that is? Can I view it from the driveway looking under the hood or does the car need to be on a rack? Thanks so much.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Open the hood.
Standing in front of the car, locate the drivers side strut tower.
There should be an oval holographic sticker on the drivers strut tower.
The unique 5 digit ID number for your Bullitt will be printed on that oval holographic sticker.

If the sticker is not present or the number is no longer legible, report back for additional instructions.

Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Open the hood.
Standing in front of the car, locate the drivers side strut tower.
There should be an oval holographic sticker on the drivers strut tower.
The unique 5 digit ID number for your Bullitt will be printed on that oval holographic sticker.

If the sticker is not present or the number is no longer legible, report back for additional instructions.

Let us know what you find.
Yep. I found it under the seat
White Finger Automotive tire Material property Nail

and tried to post it someplace else on this forum. It’s number 1869 Black 39k mi no modifications, no wrecks, nice interior, no dents.Looking to sell it as my dad passed away this summer. 😔

·
Registered
418 Posts
Glad you were able to find the number.
Sorry to hear about the passing of your father.
When you are ready to sell, you can list the car on this site under the Steve’s Car Lot tab and get a little exposure that way.
Let us kn9w if you have any other questions and good luck with the sale!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts