Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhere on here I read about the location of the build sheet and sure enough, mine's right under the back bumper. My question is how on earth did you get it out without removing the foam? I can barely fit my kife blade in there.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Don't use a knife!!!!!!

Most if not all were taped to the cross member beam and the free end laid over the foam so that when the plastic bumper cover was installed that end is held in by friction. You can see it by shining a light there. You have 2 choices. Very carefully jam your arm in between the foam and steel beam. Using just your fingers, slowly pull it out. If you do it slow enough you'll loosen or tear the tape not the paper. Second choice is to enlist someone with thinner arms, your lady friend or trusted child to do the same.

Good luck.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Or... you could just shove 2 flatheaded screwdrivers up there have someone push them and very carefully pull it out! =}
worked for me

·
Registered
20 Posts
yea, I am having a hard time finding it I looked between the foam and the square beam and i don't see it. Is it in the middle or the sides.

·
Registered
610 Posts
It may not be there.A substantial # were lost ,knocked out or removed by any number of people.You could also look on top of rear axle as I and others found a very detailed in-line build form. Good luck.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Bingo! Found mine under bumper. Another treasure to keep. Thanks to all for the info,would have never found it without the BULLITTCLUB

·
Registered
54 Posts
Found mine taped to the bumper. It was real easy to get to. Just got hold of the tape and pulled it off the bumper. I'm suprised it's still in pretty good condition since I've had the car for about 4 months now.

Anthony
TB #2979

·
Registered
4 Posts
My build sheet came out easy.But it was for another car.It had the wrong serial # and appears to be for a v6 coupe!!Someone out there has mine!!!

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
Bummer 2horsecorral! (Hey, we're cousins)! :smile:

I mentioned to hubby about checking behind the bumper on the R for the build sheet and lo and behold! There it was, just like on the Bullitt--same place! :smile:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
Bob, as long as the old man is shining and polishing that R and/or driving it, he will be good to go! He is a different man, I tell ya!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Located and extracted the sheet from 4165 this morning, I tore it, but its basically intact. It was buile Thu Jul 19 23:10:30 2001. Its cool to have it in this good of shape. I extracted the one from my '73 Barracuda from the rear seat backrest springs in '89 or '90. Didn't come out in one piece, but I pieced it together. Will be great for collector value.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey I have been looking for a while now I think I see two pieces of tape but no sheet I only have 550 miles it should be there right.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Found mine on the rear bumper, says my car was built July 26,2001. Thursday cars are OK quality wise, I hope.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts