Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had no clue what that peice of paper was hanging from the back of my bumper so i chucked it. now that i know does anyone know if it is possible to get a replacement.
or did i make a stupid mistake.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Yeah the dealer took mine off before I went to pick it up. Would they have it in storage somewhere? I really would like a copy of it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Are y'all talking about the paper stickers that were under the front and rear bumpers? Or is there another piece of paper under there?

·
Premium Member
18,841 Posts
Another piece of paper.....tucked way up
inside that two inch gap that spans the
width of the car. It looks to be 8.5 X 11.
May be crumpled up. May not even be in there.
Mine is there but can't get it out without
ripping it since it is threaded down
between metal frame and styrofoam. Spent
three hours trying to get it out. Looks
like I would have to take the bumper off
to get it without ripping it. I think I'll
leave it.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Had a little trouble getting my build sheet out and actually tore a bite out of the bottom of the paper where it was attached. It had been under the car for the better part of 5 months so it was a little weathered and brittle. I got the paper laminated and now at least it won't get any more brittle.

57 Posts
Hey guys and gals! We're new to your web site and I am glad we have a place to chat about our beloved cars! About the build sheet... I was able to get mine out by taking my right hand and adding slight pressure to where the foam meets the metal. Adding enough pressure to allow my left hand (watch removed) to gently push the build sheet out of it's resting place. Once it was free, I simply took a VERY long socket extension and pushed on the tape until it came loose. Then the build sheet was mine!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I got mine out, althugh it tore a little. My brother was able to get his out on 5491. He got it by pulling it up thru the top, without ripping it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just found mine, but can't get it out. Mine is way over in the corner on the driver side near the tail pipe. Looks like a small bit of the paper is hanging down and is torn, barely enough to grab hold of. I dont' know if someone has torn half of it off at the dealer or if most of it is still up in the bumper. Looking through one of the holes in the metal I can see a good amount of paper up there but I can't see any way at all to get it out. I'm going to try some more tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Ah, I found mine. Took a nice chunk out of the bottom corner, and half of the back side of the paper (thank god) was covered in the black undercoat. :smile:

·
Registered
1 Posts
It rains (I mean typhoons) every time I drive my car. I bet theres not much left of my sheet, especially after 8,500 miles.

hoofhearted870

·
Registered
173 Posts
Dont lose hope about the rain you've driven through.....It seemed every time I drove my car for the first 2 months it rained cats and dogs. I read about the sheet after I had about 3500 miles on car. When I reached up there I was afraid of tearing it, but it was in great shape after all that rain + me washing weekly with hose going underneath to get the road grime out. So, even though mine had been wet several times, its still in great shape!!

Richard

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Yes, here in BC, my bullitt has seen almost as much rain as sun. I found my buildsheet intact, just 1/2 of the blank reverse side was coated in undercoating. :lol:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just found mine, had no idea it was there! Going to try to figure out a safe way to pull it tomorrow. Nearly half of it is within sight from below, just gotta figure out how to pull it safely.

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
I got it !!!
After procrastinating for the past 2 months, I finally decided to look under the car. Nothing visible, but after feeling around, I touched a peice of paper.

It took me 15 full minutes, but I worked it back and forth, and back and forth...it was funny...I couldn't SEE anything...so I had no idea if it was really going to be the build sheet.
All the credit for getting that peice of paper out of there INTACT goes to the people on this site!!!
It even started raining while I was under there...I was wondering what that noise was!
It came out with 2 minor tears, but I got the full sheet of paper.
It made my WHOLE DAY !!!!

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well...after reading all these posts, I had to go and look...it is actually up there.Mine is on the passenger side about 15" in.Almost 4 months now and never knew.
Now, can someone please tell me what a build sheet is and its importance? Thanks.

DHG #00586

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BGBNGR on 2002-01-05 13:42 ]</font>

1 - 19 of 19 Posts