Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Built motor, now problems

407 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  twin051302 
#1 ·
I finally had time to finish up the built motor install and am having some issues with it. For some reason the passenger cylnder head is not firing. I have injector pulse at each injector and each coil has a minimum of 25KV through a spark tester. I went as far as to do a compression test as well, each cylinder is rite around 160 psi. The car starts and stalls immediately and the only reason I can tell that the pass head is not firing is that the manifold is completely cold to touch, while the driverside is warm. The plugs on the pass head are clean like new. I removed the schreader valve to be sure that I had fuel pressure and I sure do. Im not sure what else to try, I have spark/fuel and compression - should run rite? Any ideas? Could the timing be off?
I had a base tune made for my mods and will be ckin with my tuner as well to see if for any reason that could be the problem.
The plugs on the driverside show some discoloration, so I know they are firing.
Thanks
Wes

#2 ·
Do you guys think that the cam on the pass side could be 180 out?

#3 ·
Yep, sure do. I was just talking to a mechanic that has witnessed the same problem. Need to pull the front cover and both valve covers to fix problem. You can have good compression, just at the wrong time.

#5 ·
+1 or ur trying to start the car with the door key.

#6 ·
Well, its been confirmed, the pass cam is 180 out. I spoke with the Engine builder(modular Powerhouse) and he is standing by his engine 100%. He will be flying up from Georgia to NY on sunday AM to correct the problem and redegree the cams. For the inconvenince he will also be tuning the car for me. I cant say enough good things about this man, most would have you ship the motor back or atleast pay a local shop to make the necc repairs. He has certainly got a customer for life.
Am I dissapointed? Yes, but this is the best solution to the problem.
Thanks for reading.
Wes

#9 ·
Great service for sure, it is good they will do this. It is also a very smart way to handle the situation. They are correcting their mistake and making you feel good at the same time. That is worth much in their business.

#11 ·
Mr.BULLITT said:
They are awesome people to deal with.

Who is coming up? Tim?
The one and only!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.