Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just picked up my second ticket in my Bullit. 106 in a 70. I beat the 1st ticket down to a no seat belt.

Any good (make that great) traffic lawyers in SE Michigan?

Good thing I slowed down, a few minutes before I was "cleaning the carbon out".

On the plus side I waxed a GTI with a 2.0L and a turbo kit earlier in the day.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,045 Posts
Hey, that's a good reason there Balck_Bullitt! I gave that one in my 69 once on the freeway, and it worked! I have been pulled over 3 times in my 69 and never have gotten a ticket yet. Hubby and I have yet to be pulled over for speeding in Bullette! One thing for sure tho, our radar/lazer detector has saved our butts a couple of times

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-20 23:39, Bullitt4003 wrote:
Where did you go 106, I-96?
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I-75 in front of the Chrysler Tech center. It's 5 lanes of smooth concrete (and one cop on a harley).

·
Registered
586 Posts
Gee, I don't think I would have wanted to chase the Bullitt doin' 145 with a Harley!

Sounds like you could've beat that one, too.

Just kidding.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Black Bullitt, did it cross your mind to make a run for it? Damn the radios, you could have made it!

I know the spot on 75 you are talking about, used to live in the area....

·
Registered
716 Posts
Too bad about the ticket. Good luck getting out of it. Fortunately I carry one of those metallic permits in my pocket that has gotten me out of a few scrapes.

My son too has a 2.0 GTI and he has learned the proper respect for the Bullitt.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-21 18:54, Bullitt_5135 wrote:
Black Bullitt, did it cross your mind to make a run for it? Damn the radios, you could have made it!

Don't.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Hahaha, in Vancouver you can run for it (not that I ever have or will, but I know people that have) and they will stop chasing you after a certain speed. Sometimes they won't even try chase you. Vancouver also doesn't use a bird to hunt you down...the BC government (not to mention the entire canadian gov't) is full of a-holes (IMHO)so we don't get one...

·
Registered
822 Posts
I hate to be an abuser of privlege..but I have gotten out of three high tickets and beat one down to 5 mph over from 35 mph over with the little green permission slip called a Marine Corp Id. It is funny how many police and HP's will just start talking USMC stuff..where you have been..what you have seen..etc when you show that little green card. My DI's always told me it was a band of brothers..and there were great net working possibilities. Luckily..lots of Marines go into Law Enforcement. Semper Fidelis everyone.

Sgt. D.

·
Registered
112 Posts
WOOOW bet you widh it was me that pulled you over i might have let you talk it down to a simple loude music...LOL had a guy get brought to our station from another county for a 106 ina 70 he ended up with a $1200.00 ticket, did help that he had a unregestard weapon in the car

·
Registered
112 Posts
On 2001-10-29 19:36, Bullitt1853 wrote:
I hate to be an abuser of privlege..but I have gotten out of three high tickets and beat one down to 5 mph over from 35 mph over with the little green permission slip called a Marine Corp Id. It is funny how many police and HP's will just start talking USMC stuff..where you have been..what you have seen..etc
Sgt. D.

I have got out of one my green ID had a role in it but so did my badge HEHHEHEHEHE

·
Registered
360 Posts
I could've used one of those. I got my first ticket in the Bullitt- 89 in a 65. Female cop- they NEVER give you a break!! Cost me $225 and 6 points :cry: :mad:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
So I need a fake badge, DoD Marine ID, along with some marine stories like where I was stationed, unit etc… :wink:, and pray I don't get pulled over by a female law enforcement officer! :wink:

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I think I'm going to invest in a radar detector. Haven't had one in years but with this car it might be a good investment.
Isn't fleeing and eluding the police a high misdemeanor here in Michigan and a felony if someone's injured?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: barry bullitt on 2001-11-15 11:56 ]</font>

·
Registered
204 Posts
So why is it that this Marine always gets stopped by former Army people?! I show them the ID and they say "AND" and I still get the ticket. Guess they had uniform envy! :smile:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
On 2001-11-15 11:55, CoolerKing wrote:
So why is it that this Marine always gets stopped by former Army people?! I show them the ID and they say "AND" and I still get the ticket. Guess they had uniform envy! :smile:

That's funny, it seems this former Army guy always gets pulled over by former Marines.
I just thougt about it, My Georgia drivers license is stamped vet (which lets me get my license for free), I could talk a little BS if I new some Marine units, hmmm, internet search for marines…

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FASTBULLITT on 2001-11-15 12:47 ]</font>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts