Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well-This has been brewing for a while now. I have been weighing the enjoyment I get from #0005 versus the possible uses in a tight economy for the money if we were to sell her. This past Friday I was admitted into the ER of Mercy Hospital for an emergency appendectomy. Because of the huge deductable for our medical insurance I will be paying quite a bit of this out of pocket. We can afford it w/o finance, but it has really made me think about things.

I am going to offer the Bullitt for sale, pictures and specs below. Many of you know this car from before I owned it. I can only tell you that it is in better condition now than when I got it, and it was extremely nice then. The undercarriage on this car is spotless.

We do not need to sell the car, so the price is what it is. In today's market it will be tough to sell at the price I am asking. But it is what I want for the car, and unitl I actually need to sell the car the price stands.

Here is the skinny on the car....

37,000 miles
Tremec T-56 6 speed
Polished Vortech V2SQ with aftercooler
MPH Boost Pipe
3.12" pulley 14 psi
Kenne Bell BAP
FRPP 3.73 gears
SLP Powerflow catback
Magnaflow catted H pipe
18x9 & 18x10 Deep Dish Anthracite Bullitt Wheels, 275/35ZR18 & 295/35ZR18
Steeda lower control arms
Tokico HP blue struts
MRT street springs
Steeda full length sfc's
CDC driving lights wired indepently of factory lights through OE fog light switch
Explicit auto retro rings
Pro 5.0 Shifter, Hurst T-Handle & Chrome stick
Just installed brand new factory painted rockers and caps, still have originals as spares
Just had side scoops repainted

I just installed the 14 psi pulley and Boost a Pump over the winter. I have not had the car tuned yet but I can tell you that the occasional detonation issue that would rear its ugly head once in a while before the BAP install is now gone. The BAP has taken care of that. The car has what I would call breathtaking accelaration, and behaves very well around town. No surging, bucking, or any other bad manners. The 6 speed is great, with the 3.73 gears at 70 mph on the highway the engine turns about 2100 rpm. It just loafs along, and gets 25 mpg while doing it.

If someone was concerned about the 14 psi pulley being too much I would be happy to put the 10 psi (3.33") pulley back on.

If I have left anything out, feel free to ask.

The history of this car is quite interesting. My time with the car will mean nothing ultimately, but the low number and the first owner of the car both contribute to what should be a valuable car someday.

For anyone who does not know, this car was originally purchased by the owner of the Stangnet Website and then used as their project car. It was featured in several magazines over the years and basically the history of the car before me is still available online.

My price for all this is set at $20,000. I would consider a possible trade for a nice DD plus cash, pm me if this is something you may want to pursue.

Here are some pictures.

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
Man!!!!!!!! First, and most importantly, how are you doing? I hope this finds you doing much better!!

Can't believe you are selling, but certainly understand. If someone does, hope you will stay on here!!!!!!!!!

Myabe we need to do a fundraiser so you don't have to sell!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Sorry to hear about the 'visit' to the hospital, all my wishes for a speedy recovery!

That is one sweet looking '01, I love it. I especially like the add on guages in the dash, gotta be the best way to do it i have seen yet.

Were I in the market I would jump at that, even given you're 'high' price - and good for you sticking to your guns, I hope you get your number, the car definitely looks worth it to me. Unfortunately, given that I am still out of work, the best offer i can give you is: Good luck with the sale. :)

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
John,

Let me start by saying I hope you're ok and everything is better.

Now,

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Not you too. :shock: :shock:

Your car is sex? I'm trying to get my undercarriage on the '08 just 10% as clean as yours. I'm close to giving up. My fingernails even hurt. :lol:

Someone will be very happy John but I hope you reconsider.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys. I feel tender today, but I am back at work.

As for the Bullitt, I would definately miss the car if it sells. I would hopefully be in the market for something in a few years, maybe a GT-500? It simply boils down to being able to use the money more wisely elsewhere right now.

It's tough to determine value on these cars. There is another car listed in this forum right now for half what I am asking and with fewer miles. If I were in the market for a modded Bullitt I would seriously consider buying that one and then doing the mods myself.

Then again, you couldn't duplicate the mods done to #0005 for less than $10,000 even if you did all the work yourself.

Ultimately the car is only going to be worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Time will tell......:dhg01: :dhg01: :dhg01:

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
Glad to hear you are better. Hope everyday is better as well.

At least you have the car priced where (selfishly for me) it won't sell right away. that way maybe things will change and you will keep your car. your car is amazing and would certainly hate to see someone else with it.

I did something similar one time, had a car that my ex wanted me to sell. hounded me to death until I caved in. Advertised it high with no room for negotiation. guy came and looked at it who had a really nice car that had been stolen. he wanted to drive my car around the block and I refused, told him I would drive him. asked about another price and I told him no. said he would be back with the money which I figured he would not since I really wasn't being very accomodating. came back three days later with cash and drove away. 6 months later, the ex became my ex and I wished I had never caved in. one year later, car was trashed by the guy who bought it. in my case, like yours, I was asking twice what it was worth (trying to price it so it would not sell) at the time......and unbelievably, I got it.

Unless you really really need the money, I hope the same doesn't happen to you (again my selfishness is showing)!!!! If you do need it, then I wish you all the luck in selling.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
Glad you are feeling better, John.

Man, that is one sweet Bullitt. If ANY 01 Bullitt is worth 20K, this one certainly is.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
PhotoRick said:
Glad you are feeling better, John.

Man, that is one sweet Bullitt. If ANY 01 Bullitt is worth 20K, this one certainly is.
COuldn't have said it any better Rick. John, I am glad you are doing better and hope you have a full recovery in no time. I also hope you are able to somehow keep the Bullitt. I have lusted over your B since joining the site. I would hate to see you have to sell it, but I fully understand if you do. I have actually been toying with the idea of selling mine recently as well.:confused:

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not another..somethin in the water or what???? all my favorites now either on the block or being shoved up there!!!!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Glad you are feeling better, I do know that hospitals and Dr.'s will let you make payments that are in line with what you are able to afford. Both know that most people do not have extra thousands of coins just gathering dust.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rblack4405 said:
Glad you are feeling better, I do know that hospitals and Dr.'s will let you make payments that are in line with what you are able to afford. Both know that most people do not have extra thousands of coins just gathering dust.
Thanks for the kind words.

I was most likely going to be listing the B for sale even if this episode had never happened. I'm not going to force the sale, but if I can get what I am looking for I will part with the car.....:dhg01: :dhg01: :dhg01:

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
There are a few '01's on here that I would LOVE to get my hands on and yours is one of them John. Understand the economy of the issue but here's to hoping you don't get what you're asking. ;)

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
chilli bullitt said:
There are a few '01's on here that I would LOVE to get my hands on and yours is one of them John. Understand the economy of the issue but here's to hoping you don't get what you're asking. ;)
Thanks Cam for the kind words. Time will tell the fate of #0005. All I can do in the mean time is continue to enjoy her and be the best possible caretaker while I do. I have put 10000 miles on the clock since buying the car, but that will slow to a crawl now. 5000 of those miles were the trip from Alabama to Maine and the round trip to and from Myrtle Beach. I'll be surprised if I do 1000 miles this year. It's part of my reason for trying to sell, I just don't feel right about having so much tied up in something I dont have time to use. It seems like when I do have time it's either raining or snowing....:confused: :evil:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
John,

Sorry to hear but totally understand. I remember reading the web site build up on #0005 several years back, people need to realize what a bargain this is for someone to step into. I was looking to boost my Bullitt but couldn't justify all the time and dollars to upgrade the power train like has been done to #0005. Make sure to post up the documentation of the build up-
Good luck on your health and the sale-

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
John,you got to take care of yourself first.Hope it all works out for the best for you.Sad to see you posting your Bullitt for sale.I'm sad actually.It's my top 3 fav's on this site.You made it into a piece of art in my books.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
John, glad to hear you are feeling better.....One of the best looking Bullitt on this site is for sale......Hope you don't sell it, but sometimes things happen like right price , right person..............Good luck and hope you have no regrets......

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
John,
Glad that you are "on the mend". I'm glad that you listed your B at a high price. Hopefully you won't get it:wink: , but if you do that ain't so bad either.
Bruce

1 - 20 of 29 Posts