Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just became the registered owner of Bullitt #0190 on 1/29/09 and am glad to join this forum! Here are the basics of how it happened...
I was meddling with the idea of buying another car at some point in 2009. Before this I drove a 2004 Ford SVT Focus, also bought brand new, which I kept and always will keep as it's one of the best cornering and most fun vehicles I've ever owned (the other being the Bullitt, but they're fun for totally different reasons.)

With the economy the way it is, I started looking earlier then originally thought. I live about 2 hours north of Southern California, so I drove down to Galpin Ford and made a deal on one of their Bullitts (they still have another 8-10 Bullitts in stock as of 2/8/09, and plenty of GTs.)

I've read what some think of Galpin Ford. Yeah, there are a few good points, but here's how it came down: Mine had an MSRP of $33,515 (coincidentily mine was not subject to an MSRP hike Ford enacted at the beginning of calendar year 2008. Had it been built sometime after 1/1/08, I believe the MSRP would have been $33,965.) After the usual haggling, the sale price was $25,795, plus Schwarzenegger fees, title, and doc fees. I turned down all other options...no dealer add ons, no GAP, no extended warranty, etc. Total finance price was $28,400-something.

Now for the downside, as others have put it, "lot rot." I scrutinized the car upon delivery. Aside from some spider-webbing on the paint from about a year of dealer bonehead washing, everything else checked out. No missing Bullitt parts, (I'll post pics to the sig when I get more time.) I simply have to accept it since that's the price of getting a good deal. I bought my Focus under the same conditions, though it only sat for 7 months. It now has 90,000 miles and looks and runs great. A teacher friend of mine also owns a detail shop, so I might go that route or do it myself, not too bad with an orbital. The oil will be changed next weekend (#0190 will have about 500 miles on it by then; I bought it with 80 miles.)

But here's a couple things I've noticed already. Again, this forum has been very helpful:
1) It has the dreaded passenger side dash rattle. I'm going to try looking into that tomorrow.
2) So far, no 2-3 grinding from the trans. Wish me luck.
3) Here's one I haven't found comments for. For those with HID headlights, can you see the light pattern wobble or shake when you hit a bump on the road? If I hit the right kind of bump, they'll wobble as if there's not enough tension keeping them in place.

Sorry for being long-winded. Thanks in advance!

DP

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
cool man, welcome to the club :)

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
KOOL, Welcome to the club,sounds like you got a good deal.
As far as the hids go sorry cant help you there.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Welcome to the club! Sounds like you fell for a really nice deal on a wonderful car. As for the HID wobble- It shouldn't do that. Working at a Ford dealer, I have seen all kinds of problems with cars and trucks that seem minor to us mechanics, but can be a real pain. Obviously, since the car is still covered under your new car warrenty, you would want to get it fixed ASAP. That way there can be no question it was a production error, rather than a driving error that caused it.

If you want, shoot me a PM with your VIN and I will run an OASIS report for your car, and look for any open TSB issues that any dealer should be able to help fix. I can understand for privacy issues if you don't feel like sharing this info with anyone else, so I won't be offended if you decline.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I think it's the passenger side doing it more. I might complain about it to my local dealer next week. Does everyone else have rock solid HIDs?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sounds like you got a great deal on the price and congrats on the BULLITT.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Welcome to the site! There is none better. I haven't noticed any wobble from the HID lights. Of course my car has less than 900 miles on it in the 6 months that I have owned it.

·
Premium Member
4,215 Posts
MechanicMarc said:
Welcome to the club! Sounds like you fell for a really nice deal on a wonderful car. As for the HID wobble- It shouldn't do that. Working at a Ford dealer, I have seen all kinds of problems with cars and trucks that seem minor to us mechanics, but can be a real pain. Obviously, since the car is still covered under your new car warrenty, you would want to get it fixed ASAP. That way there can be no question it was a production error, rather than a driving error that caused it.

If you want, shoot me a PM with your VIN and I will run an OASIS report for your car, and look for any open TSB issues that any dealer should be able to help fix. I can understand for privacy issues if you don't feel like sharing this info with anyone else, so I won't be offended if you decline.
What is a OASIS report? Is this different from a HVBoM build sheet? Are you able to run this report for other members?:question: thx:dhg08:

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Welcome to the site! That is a nice write-up and we are all glad to have you here at the site. Keep enjoying her!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Congrats on your purchase.......Glad Galpin gave you a great deal......Always liked the Focus SVT, being a current owner of a Contour SVT.....Has 134k on it with original clutch in it.....Welcome to the best site on the net.......

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome to the club Donovan. Hope you enjoy your Bullitt as much as your SVT. Are you or have you been on Focaljet for Focus owners? I traded in my 07 ZX3 on my Bullitt , then regrettted it. Great little car.Not quite an SVT but was fun to Auto-X with.The Bullitt is great through the cones but a much different beast than a FWD for sure.Enjoy this site, a lot of smart people here.Steve.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bullitt5199 said:
Welcome to the club Donovan. Hope you enjoy your Bullitt as much as your SVT. Are you or have you been on Focaljet for Focus owners? I traded in my 07 ZX3 on my Bullitt , then regrettted it. Great little car.Not quite an SVT but was fun to Auto-X with.The Bullitt is great through the cones but a much different beast than a FWD for sure.Enjoy this site, a lot of smart people here.Steve.
I'm a member of both Focaljet and Focusfanatics, those sites are good too.

On a side note, I already know I'm going to have an issue with reverse in these two cars. The Bullitt is to the right and down (like most out there.) The Focus' 6-speed is to the left and up. I have to stop and think a bit each time I hop in either now.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome aboard! My HIDs are also rock solid and I never had a dash rattle or 2-3 shift issue so I'd head back to the dealer for those items. BTW, the trans in my car has only gotten better with use, was as stiff as I've seen 'em when new but feels like velvet now at 4k miles.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the purchase. You will love your car. Nice low build # too!

Mine had 8-10 months of N Cal lot rot too. Go get a Mothers or Maquires clay bar kit and spned a few hours going over the car. My paint is glass smooth after this and a few coats of wax. Before it was like sandpaper. Also, do change the oil asap. I did mine at 480 miles and it came out black and filthy. Now with 1600 since the oil change, it still looks nice and clean. And my car had only 15 miles on it when I took delivery.

This is a great group of enthusiasts. We are glad you are here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts