Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dyno results are in!

These are baseline Bone Stock Dyno results.

700 miles on the odometer

I did three pulls and they were very consistent. the difference between the best and worst run was:

2 HP
2.8 lb ft Torque

Best run SAE corrected:

Max Power:230.2 rwhp
Max Torque: 266.5 rwtq
Dyno correction fact was .9817295

That figures to be: (SAE corrected)

271 HP at the flywheel
314 lb ft at the flywheel

It is a beautiful day in California!

The real kicker is my uncorrected HP and Torque was higher than the corrected value. Like I said it is a beautiful day in California.

Uncorrected:

234.5 rwhp---->276 fwhp
271.5 rwtq---->319 fwtq

These numbers seem to be in line with what Ford is quoting and others are seeing.

Lets see what some mods will do!

Eric

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT00208 on 2001-07-23 01:06 ]</font>

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-21 01:16, 1NastyFordGT wrote:
Strong results for so few miles on the clock!

I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut that 208 will pull alot more than that after a couple more thousand miles, Eric! :smile:

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe I'm doing the math wrong. Is 234 rwhp = to 276 Fwhp ?

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Close enough. Since we don't know what the actual losses are and any fractional parts of HP won't make any significant difference, then an educated guess of 15% loss yields approx 275-276 fwhp from 234 rwhp.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To think I was a math major. I've been figuring this the wrong way. I'm to embarrassed to admit what I was doing wrong, but

234.5/.85=275.8HP.

Color me stupid!

I feel so much better!

Eric

I've updated the numbers in the original post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT00208 on 2001-07-23 01:08 ]</font>

·
Registered
184 Posts
Where did you get it dyno'd? What did it run you to do this? I am in the Pleasanton area and would like to find a place locally, any recommendations?

Mike
DHG #3463

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike,

I got it done at Apex Motorsports in Santa Clara. They are a great Mustang shop. They have a Dynojet 248 Dyno

Cost is $100 for three runs.

It was a little scary getting this done. the Dyno is elevated and your car sits about shoulder level. It's up on these drums and all strapped in, but it still looks precarious. I was given the choice to drive or observe. I chose to observe, because I was nervous. I stood next to the car (about 4ft away) and watched the computer screen which displays a large speedometer and tach. One technician starts the car and then proceeds to accelerate and shift until he gets into 4th gear. Another monitors the computer. The tech driving holds the rpm steady at 2000 in 4th and the other tech then signals him to mash the throttle and take it to 5800 rpm. You cannot beleive how loud your car is until you hear it roaring to 5800 rpm in an enclosed area. Stand next to a runway and you might get an idea. The thing I didn't realize is that 5800 rpm in 4th is like 120mph. I'm standing next to my car watching the rear tires spinning like mad. I don't know what the rpms of the wheels were, but they were moving.

Watching it and hearing it was awesome!

The number for Apex Motorsports is (408)562-1000. Give them a call and see when they have a slot open. I know they are booked up for a while.

Eric

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are may latest dyno results.
Vital statistics:
5200 miles on the odo.
3.73 gears
Bassani X-pipe
Densecharger 3"

This is what I got on my third run.
SAE corrected: (correction factor .94)

234.0 RWHP
269.3 RWTQ

My torque looks really low for some reason. I did notice that the car was running very rich on all of the pulls. My A/F dropped to 10.8 at one point and was already in the 11's at 2500rpm. Last time I dynoed my A/F was in the twelves for the most part but did drop into the high 11's after about 5500rpm.

I'm wondering if the densecharger or X-pipe is causing my car to run rich?

Overall the results are dissapointing. I actually lost HP and TQ below 4000 rpm compared to my dyno at 700 miles bone stock. I think the X-pipe was the reason for this, but I was still hoping that with more miles I would see more of an improvement. I guess I'll have to go Long Tubes and then work from there.

Eric

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT00208 on 2001-12-10 12:23 ]</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts