Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving along and i kept smelling a burning smell. i put my car on a rack at a friends shop and noticed i had oil all over the undernieth of my car. took it to ford to get it fixed and the noticed more things wrong.
transmission assembly was bad
loose motor mounts
replace oil pan gasket
seal crankshaft replaced
flywheel assembly replace
exhaust gaskets
both headlights because of bubbling
hub and bearing assembly
plate and cover assembly
exhaust manifold gasket
and last but not least they had to replace my clutch.
so pretty much my car has a whole bunch of new parts for only having 3000 miles. it was all warrenty work but its not the point. this should not be happing so soon!!!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
That is one big laundry list of problems. My car has been in twice for warranty work, but nothing so extensive. I had a leaking rear differential, chipped paint and ticking by the firewall. Sorry to hear about your difficulties.

·
Registered
198 Posts
DAYUM!!!!!

that almost looks like someone was just throwing parts at the car to figure out what was wrong.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Nah!!!!!!!! Sounds Like a dealer payin Ford back for all the crap that Nasser put the dealers thru befor he got canned ! With that flat rate pay system for warranty work no matter how long it took! :smile: Thanx Havgun #1676 But it probably wouldnt hurt if u just took the gas cap off and just drove a new Bullitt under it ! Especially with all those problems and I thought my car sucked in quality!

·
Registered
119 Posts
That sounds more like a combination of reactions. A car just does not get out of the assembly building with all that wrong with it. Loose motor mounts can torque a lot of things out of whack with little effort. I have had mine in for a loose ground wire and it is going back for flaking paint on the driver's side door. I have had no problems with Ford for warranty work since 1995 when I bought my first Mustang. Rather than being upset understand it could be worse with a manufacturer that just looks at sales. Fortunately for us, I believe Ford may be even more customer oriented now than most others (Mitsubishi is my personal favorite for worst). And right now, we own it's only contemporary limited production car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts