Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just sold my 95 Mustang GT a few weeks ago and recently purchased a one-owner '01 Bullitt with 14k miles on it. The car is at home waiting for me in NJ and I'm down in Georgia finishing up the semester at school. I cannot wait to get home and drive this thing! It already has a Magnaflow catback, catted x-pipe, and a cold air intake. I only have one pic my dad took and emailed to me, but I will have tons of pics in about a week. I can't wait to dive into this car and start modding. I ordered a shifter, and an LED Bullitt coin delete plate with the build number on it already as well. Anyway nice to finally be here, and hopefully fit in nicely.

Here's a pic of the old car:

And here's a pic of the new beast:

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
very nice pics and welcome to the group..

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Nice pictures.......Thanks for sharing........................Let the fun begin........Enjoy the best site on the internet............

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
4fit? said:
Congrats on the new ride! And I would be quite interested in seeing the rig setup used to take that first shot. Thinking about building one of those myself.
I have a picture somewhere on my computer of the rig. I'm in class now, I'll dig it up later and throw it up. Thanks for the kind welcome guys!

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Welcome to IMBOC! I hope you find it to be an enjoyable and useful place to visit and meet new friends with something in common. An awesome car

I am looking forward to seeing that rig also!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a shot of the rig. The pic isn't that good, it's from my cousins camera phone, but you get the idea. It consists of (2) VERY expensive, Italian made suction cups that hold a 12 foot aircraft aluminum pole with a camera mount on the end.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Bullitt4113 said:
. . .And here's a pic of the new beast:

sweeeet, welcome!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bullistic said:
Low milage 01' BULLITT Good Choice, mods?
Yep. Magnaflow catback, catted x-pipe, CAI, short shifter, and going to cut the springs when I get home and get some MM c/c plates. I was weary about cutting the springs but I did some research about them and they linear rate which means they are fine to cut. I had Eibach Sportlines in the '95 and they gave the car an awesome stance but the ride was a little harsh. I'd like to have a 2" drop on the B, but have it ride a bit better. I'm hoping this will be the case if I cut out a coil all around and leave the iso's in. Do I need to cut more than 1 coil out of the Bullitt springs to get a 2" drop?

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Welcome to the addiction...err family. :D That 95 was sharp!! Traded a chrome yellow 98 GT on 745. Not sure on the drop from one coil but you need to remember about the front mudflaps. A few have been lost by members over the years.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
chilli bullitt said:
Welcome to the addiction...err family. :D That 95 was sharp!! Traded a chrome yellow 98 GT on 745. Not sure on the drop from one coil but you need to remember about the front mudflaps. A few have been lost by members over the years.
Thanks for the warning about the flaps. I will be careful with lowering it too much. I was super careful with my '95...the h-pipe used to hit everything.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the Bullitt purchase.
Very nice looking 95, do you have any other pics of it?

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
Bullitt4113 said:
Yep. Magnaflow catback, catted x-pipe, CAI, short shifter, and going to cut the springs when I get home and get some MM c/c plates. I was weary about cutting the springs but I did some research about them and they linear rate which means they are fine to cut. I had Eibach Sportlines in the '95 and they gave the car an awesome stance but the ride was a little harsh. I'd like to have a 2" drop on the B, but have it ride a bit better. I'm hoping this will be the case if I cut out a coil all around and leave the iso's in. Do I need to cut more than 1 coil out of the Bullitt springs to get a 2" drop?
Welcome! Nice mods. The pics are fantastic. You might consider H&R Super Sport springs.:cool:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DHGBULLITT said:
Welcome and congrats on the Bullitt purchase.
Very nice looking 95, do you have any other pics of it?
Thanks! Here's some more pics of the '95:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Great pics. Nice rides both of them. There is a member on this site his name is Sam Strano.He is the man to talk to before you cut those springs.Where in NJ are you I live in Manalapan 1 mile from raceway park.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Congrats and Welcome!! That is one nice looking Bullitt you bought!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
first ford said:
Great pics. Nice rides both of them. There is a member on this site his name is Sam Strano.He is the man to talk to before you cut those springs.Where in NJ are you I live in Manalapan 1 mile from raceway park.
Thanks man, I will check into Sam's springs. I'm from Glen Ridge, about 45-50 min from E-Town. I am a frequent visitor and used to be a frequent racer. I will be going to Fords at E-Town this summer, we should get some Bullitt guys together and park together in the car show or something.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts