Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to say that DHG 4930 is out of my hands. It is now owned fully by my ex-wife as of two days ago.

I was in a heated battle over my girls in the divorce and everything was finalized on Tuesday afternoon.

She got the Bullitt, half of my retirement, additional alimony, and most of the household goods.

The good news is that I won custody of my daughters (14 & 10). The Bullitt can be replaced as well as many other things that are now gone, however I can never replace the lost days with my daughters. Both of my daughters wanted to live with me and I did everything I could to make that happen. (6 month battle) I was told that it would be impossible and that I was gonna lose everything to fight for custody. I beat the odds and a miracle did happen...I'm a very blessed man and I have two daughters that are extremely happy. They will live with me 80% of the time. (unheard of in these times)

Bottom line...I'm a very broke, but happy man. I'd do it all over again if I had to.

Please keep the girls and I in your prayers. I have a long road to climb financially, but God will provide as He has in the past.

I will keep in touch from time to time. Looking forward to joining again in 5 years or so.

Cheers,
Steve

p.s. When I get a chance, I'll post any Bullitt-related items I have left for sale. All proceeds go to the "single dad raising his daughters fund". LOL

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Good luck with the girls Steve. I am glad you have your priorities right. Cars come and go, but they are always available. Little girls? Not like you can just go get another pair.

Btw, no need to leave. You can come back and still be a part of the club. Just a Nadda Bullitt Bullitthead, that's all. ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Sad to hear about Steve, but atleast you got what really matters. Hopefully you'll be back behind the wheel of a B as soon as possible

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Good luck to you and your girls, Steve. You are right, money cannot buy your happiness. Things will work out for the best.

On the lighter side, at least if your retirement was invested heavily in equities, your ex-wife probably got a lot less than she would have a year ago.

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys...retirement is actually a pension from the military which she will get half of for the rest of her life. Gotta love that...serve 20 years and she get's half, even though she worked during most of the marriage.

I've learned a lot...and I'm not bitter in the slightest. I have moved on and look forward to a great future!

Cheers,
Steve

·
Registered
120 Posts
Steve,

If you need anything, I am just up the road in Castle Rock. I am glad to hear that you have your head on straight and that you took on the battle. Things in life have a way of coming back around ! You are a lucky man and sounds like you have wonderful kids. Although Divorse is never, ever good, if you keep your head up, demonstrate your value to your girls (keep it positive even when talking about their Mom), they will respect you even more. Contact me for anything, glad to help you today or in the future. Todd.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Bullitt_Buyer said:
Thanks guys...retirement is actually a pension from the military which she will get half of for the rest of her life. Gotta love that...serve 20 years and she get's half, even though she worked during most of the marriage.

I've learned a lot...and I'm not bitter in the slightest. I have moved on and look forward to a great future!

Cheers,
Steve
Well, you got the most important thing out of it.

And don't be a stranger to IMBOC :)

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Steve,
We'll keep you in our prayers. I'm glad you got about as good an outcome as possible under the circumstances. It's almost like one of the Mastercard commercials that ends with....."getting custody of your daughters, PRICELESS!"

Bruce

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
DUDE! I am so sorry! I am so glad you got the girls. We are thinking of you.

Gregg, Lisa and Wyatt....coming soon Erinn.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Sorry to hear that you lost the B, but given the choice between that and the kids, it is a no-brainer.

Glad to hear that you and the girls got what was important.

Chin up, I am sure that you have made enough friends here that you will be able to get your Bullitt fix now and then. :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Bullitt or no Bullitt there's always a place at IMBOC for you. After all, we're not a group of men and women brought together by the ownership of a car, we're a group of men and women brought together by the LOVE of the car and what it stands for. Good luck with your future endeavors and Kharma will have way of making its circle.

Best of luck,
Dakota

·
Registered
922 Posts
As other's have said before me; your kids are more important than the car. Things will work themselves out on their own, and you will have another Bullitt down the line.

Definitely post up the parts you have for sale. I will keep my eye out for anything I need that I can take off your hands to help you and your daughters out.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Congrats on getting the girls steve and best of luck. Thoughts are with you and the girls. Hang in and all will be OK !!

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
Hate to see you lost the Bullitt but you got the best of the deal. Sounds like your a great, excellent, superb, and an admirably fine father. Much like myself I must say. :lol: You'll never regret looseing the Bullitt for your kids. Now you can look forward to getting a new Bullitt. And to lots of great times with your girls. Your a lucky guy! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.