Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My air filter after the last big dust storm is full of dirt/dust. I need to buy a new filter. What is the part number for a replacement & surely they have to make a better looking filter then that fuzzy gray thing we have. Done side to K&N & I may go with a K&N for the better looks plus better flow. Back to K&N downside is that they come over-oiled & it gets oil on the MAF sensors. This can lead to false reading if not cleaned with a good contact cleaner spray. There has to be more choices?? I was reading the K&N has to be trimmed to fit also. Any suggestions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
Blindmelon said:
My air filter after the last big dust storm is full of dirt/dust. I need to buy a new filter. What is the part number for a replacement & surely they have to make a better looking filter then that fuzzy gray thing we have. Done side to K&N & I may go with a K&N for the better looks plus better flow. Back to K&N downside is that they come over-oiled & it gets oil on the MAF sensors. This can lead to false reading if not cleaned with a good contact cleaner spray. There has to be more choices?? I was reading the K&N has to be trimmed to fit also. Any suggestions?
Green Filters out for Bullitt


<HR style="COLOR: #666666" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Just received this today in response to a query a few weeks back about filters for the 08/09 Bullitt (I ordered one):

We have that filter ready now.
Part number is 7051
The price is $59.12

Green Filter USA
714 Braddock View Dr.
Mt Braddock PA 15465
724-430-2050
Fax: 724-437-0705
www.greenfilterusa.com













tigerhonaker
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
Remember though, we had a member awhile back who got shafted by them. (Don't remember the circumstances) Maybe it'll be different since this is a model for the Bullitt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
Loop said:
Remember though, we had a member awhile back who got shafted by them. (Don't remember the circumstances) Maybe it'll be different since this is a model for the Bullitt.
I think Gregg it will be alright .......

Terry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
Part Number 7051 fits:
- 05-09 Ford Mustang/Bullitt all engine sizes.
Ford Racing Intake Kit Number M-9603

List price: <STRIKE>US $88.91</STRIKE>
Price: US $65.24
You save: US $23.67 (27%)


Terry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,753 Posts
Loop said:
Remember though, we had a member awhile back who got shafted by them. (Don't remember the circumstances) Maybe it'll be different since this is a model for the Bullitt.
If I remember correctly, someone ordered a custom filter (special color) that had some flaw and Green Filter would not take it back. Seems everyone who got a stock filter have loved them. I would stay away from their custom filters.

Also if I remember correctly, the Bullitt Green Filters have the locking tabs for a perfect fit where K&N you have to use a universal filter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Green is ok it will look clean & the ugly gray one from Ford has never looked clean. It has a wooly mammoth look & pure ugly!! looking forward to my new filter. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
I have the green filter on my car, no problems with shipping or quality. Looks a million times better than the stock fuzzy gray one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
628 Posts
The Green Filter is a reusable oiled filter correct? I see in their cleaning procedures they say it is but I haven't seen anyone mention it that actually has one for the Bullitt. For the price I would think they have to be reusable though.

Also K&N's do not come over oiled, you get that problem when people clean them and then over oil them afterwards
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
That's great news!

I was a little leery after the one post but now I feel comfortable ordering one when my stock filter s KO'd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,012 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
Green Filters out for Bullitt


<HR style="COLOR: #666666" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Just received this today in response to a query a few weeks back about filters for the 08/09 Bullitt (I ordered one):

We have that filter ready now.
Part number is 7051
The price is $59.12

Green Filter USA
714 Braddock View Dr.
Mt Braddock PA 15465
724-430-2050
Fax: 724-437-0705



tigerhonaker
Could have saved an email Terry, the Green filter part number is in here:

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155307

Is there any way you could sticky that thread? People still can't find it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Brought my car in for a service a few weeks back and they said the air filter was pretty gummed up. They said all it needed was a cleaning. 21 bucks and 20 minutes to dry and it was as good as new.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Heard back from the people at Green.
Hey Ken,
This is a oiled filter. Unlike any other oiled filters on the
market we use a synthetic oil that is safe for your mas air sensors and
air temp sensors. This is made for the Ford Racing Intake (comes stock
in the Bullitts) Shipping to OK is showing 4-5 day transit.
If ordered today before noon you should have it Friday. Thanks Ken


Deric Dupey
Green Filter USA
714 Braddock View Dr.
Mt Braddock PA 15465
724-430-2050 ext 246
Fax: 724-437-0705
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,465 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
Part Number 7051 fits:
- 05-09 Ford Mustang/Bullitt all engine sizes.
Ford Racing Intake Kit Number M-9603

List price: <STRIKE>US $88.91</STRIKE>
Price: US $65.24
You save: US $23.67 (27%)


Terry
Thanks, Terry! This is just what I was looking for. I need a new filter. The air here in NYC is pretty dirty! :eek:

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
969 Posts
originally posted by blindmelon:

Heard back from the people at Green.
Hey Ken,
This is a oiled filter. Unlike any other oiled filters on the
market we use a synthetic oil that is safe for your mas air sensors and
air temp sensors.
ken,

howdy, brother. did the folks from green give you a price on the synthetic lube for the filter? thanks.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top