Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Bullitt Arrived Scratched

1K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  DavidMidgley 
#1 ·
...After a long wait... my Bullitt finally arrived.

But it has a couple pretty big scratches around the front left fender!!

The dealer offered to have it painted but I am probably going to pass on this car and see if they can get another one.

GRRR.

#3 ·
damage

Ducatista said:

The dealer offered to have it painted but I am probably going to pass on this car and see if they can get another one.

GRRR.
Sorry to hear about the damage. Let us know on the 2008 registry, when you decide what your are doing about the Bullitt or a diff. one
Thanks
Dennis

#9 ·
Ducatista said:
At this point, I am leaning toward asking them to order another one. Assuming that they can actually get another.

I wonder if there is a way for them to order it on a higher priority as it would be a replacement for the damaged car?

Thanks...
I can tell you that if you had not have seen it straight off the truck you would have never known it was damged. Dealers routinely repair cars damaged in shipment and sell as new. So if you buy off the lot the car could have been repaired..

My uncle used to haul new cars. He has seen some pretty bad damage on cars that were later repaired and sold Since the dealer repairs them no Car Fax report...

#12 ·
I'd let them paint it, then look and decide. You could buy a perfect car and have worse happpen five feet out of the dealer's driveway.

I agree with droopy, I knew a guy who was a bodyman at a Chrysler dealer, he told of having to fix a lot of damage on new cars just in, including bullet holes.

#13 ·
brian said:
Oh yes and a 2K discount to match!!!
Why should the dealer have to eat it on something that was done at the factory or in shipping?

#14 ·
Like everyone else has said, let the dealership repair this car, then evaluate whether the repair was to your satisfaction.

You could always equate your Bullitt's scratches to the normal rifling marks you find on any spent bullet casing (just kidding!).

#15 ·
Ducatista said:

GRRR.

Is it too deep to buff out, same thing happened to me but they were able to buff it out!

#16 ·
That sucks,but....Like most already said,let them fix it,depending how deep it is,they can buff it out,or depending on the size of the scratch,then can blend it in without painting the whole panel.Which in most cases,it could look better then new....if that makes sence.LOL!

#17 ·
1LOW03GT said:
That sucks,but....Like most already said,let them fix it,depending how deep it is,they can buff it out,or depending on the size of the scratch,then can blend it in without painting the whole panel.Which in most cases,it could look better then new....if that makes sence.LOL!
+1! :cool: Unless those scratches are really deep I'd say to let them fix it and then make your decision! :smile:

#18 ·
I bought a CV years ago that had the right front fender replaced. Two weeks after we got the car someone wacked it in a lot with a shopping cart and caused more damage. Stuff happens, I'd let them repair it, and if you like it-take it! If not, move on to the next stage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.