Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike ran our Bullitt on the track during SAAC (Shelby) convention here in July.
Here are a couple of pics.

Bullitt on the track.
Burned up Cobra R. Was two cars ahead of Mike when it burst into flames.
During our show/weekend this year we did parade laps at the track.
I thought the bottom pic was funny. It is a 1992 Utah Highway Patrol car behind the track Pace car. You have to click it bigger to see it well.

J.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DavidMidgley said:
Isn't that SSP owned by one of the SSP Mustang club members? Seems like I have seen it on another site...:question:
No that UHP Mustang is owned by the state of Utah. It is used as a public relations and educational vehicle. The officer that drove it was shot and killed on duty. The UHP restored it and keeps it in service. We always invite them to participate in our club activities.

A couple of years ago another SSP owned by a local kid came to our show. He had the Beehive decal and red and blue lights. Big mistake! Turned on the lights while driving through town. His car was impounded and all the decals and lights were confiscated. Other irony is that the car owner is of middle east decent and it was a weekend that Pres. Bush came to Utah. Law enforcement was hypervigilant that week.

J.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Click on the burned Cobra pic and see the car to its rear. Nice!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dennisbaker said:
Click on the burned Cobra pic and see the car to its rear. Nice!
Thank you! That is my car we call KRISIS. It is a Shelby replica/clone 68 convertible.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Epperstang said:
No that UHP Mustang is owned by the state of Utah. It is used as a public relations and educational vehicle. The officer that drove it was shot and killed on duty. The UHP restored it and keeps it in service. We always invite them to participate in our club activities.

A couple of years ago another SSP owned by a local kid came to our show. He had the Beehive decal and red and blue lights. Big mistake! Turned on the lights while driving through town. His car was impounded and all the decals and lights were confiscated. Other irony is that the car owner is of middle east decent and it was a weekend that Pres. Bush came to Utah. Law enforcement was hypervigilant that week.

J.
Yeah, some states prohibit the display of anything in the form of what would appear to be a LEO marked car. Let alone operate it on a public thoroughfare. Some allow them to display the markings for show only in a parking area off the road. Others require an "out of service" signage and nothing else, while the car is operated on the public road... Somewhat confusing to say the least.

Nice of UHP to honor their fallen officer with the car being maintained in service condition. I think that most would just crush the car.

And I too like KRISIS! Looking good even in the background!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Does anyone know if Ford ever made the Cobra R in a dark blue color? (I always thought they only made red ones) I saw one sitting at a Ford dealership one day. It looked like a real one to me... down to the exhaust, interior & all! Pretty damn cool looking! Big gaudy wing is a little outta hand though....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts