Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i want to take 2436 to the track this week and I have a question. I just got the new 18x10s and 18x9s with 265s on the back. I am trying to decide if i should put the stock rims and tires on there or if i should use the new 18s. I mean im not competing or anything i just want to see what it will do and this is the first time im running it. Any suggestions on what to use?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
if they are street tires run what is recomended...32 or 35 i think....i launch at about 2500 and pedal it out...i needa work on my 60ft tho 2.1 is the best ive done on 245 street tires. 13.82 @ 101 is my record but it seems most trap between 99 or so and 102 is the highest ive seen stock. but it depends on where you are located

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think im gonna try the 265s on the 18s see how it goes.

im not expecting anything great as ive never made a run at the track

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
The 17's are lighter so you will probably be a little faster with those, but like you said you are just doing it for fun so it really shouldn't matter right now. have fun, be careful, and post your times if they are not too bad... ;)

·
Registered
656 Posts
With street tires you don't need to do a big smoking burnout. Heat the tires for about 5-6 sec or so is enough. I set my tire pressure at 26 lbs. Stock air pressure is 30.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Help I am stuck in april fools mode!!!

·
Registered
816 Posts
OK I figured out how to read backwards and logged out. I am back

·
Registered
330 Posts
To get the "best" traction out of street tires lower the pressure in the rears to 24-26 and raise the pressure in the front to 36-40 ( makes them narrower ). Avoid the water box. No burn out, just clean off the rocks with a quick spin. Launch at around 2200 RPM. Disconnect or remove your front sway bar if possible before you go to the track.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Black4592 said:
The 17's are lighter so you will probably be a little faster with those, but like you said you are just doing it for fun so it really shouldn't matter right now. have fun, be careful, and post your times if they are not too bad... ;)
Even if they are bad, post them. I did! :lol:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
for the first time driving at the track ever in my life, i dont think i did too bad. first run i got 15.3 at around 97mph. second run i got 15.1 with a 2.1 60ft but only 91mph trap, that kinda confused me a little. I spun the tires quite a bit on the starts, much better the second time tho. i would have liked to run a couple more times but my friend broke his axle in his srt-4 and we had to deal with gettin that towed and all. all and all i think i did ok but i would like to do better, im gonna try those tire pressures next time i go. any suggestions are welcome cuz im very new a this...

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
You will do better next time, I guarantee it. My first two runs with mine were a pair of 14.92's. Next trip it wasn't much cooler and I still knocked 6/10ths off of it. I predict that within a few outings you'll have it in the low 14's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts