Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a Bra for my Bullitt. Does anyone know if a Bra is made with the name Bullitt on the front?
Or can someone recommand a supplier or brand Or just a good Bra that will fit good and not hurt the finish?

Thanks

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,045 Posts
I ordered the Ford Bra for the GT. I will let you know how it fits and how we like it after we get it. It's still on order. I think it has the word Mustang in red above the right headlight. No running horse, tho.

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks please let me know what you thing about the ford bra.

Also if you or anyone is interested i'm thinking about having a sign company make me the BULLIT logo thats on the back of the car.I would like to put it on the Bra.I need to check and see what would work best on the Vinyle?Bra.
I will get prices next week.maybe we can do a group purchase.

Or if someone know of a Bra with BULLITT on it let us know.

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-05-25 22:43, 1NastyFordGT wrote:
Sounds good, Ray!

BTW, don't buy a LeBra! Lousy fit, scratches paint!
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
I will stay away from the LeBra. If i can't find a Bra with BULLITT on it i will most likely go with the Ford Bra and have the BULLITT made up. I will post next week after i talk to my sign company.

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-05-25 19:04, TwoStangWmn wrote:
I ordered the Ford Bra for the GT. I will let you know how it fits and how we like it after we get it. It's still on order. I think it has the word Mustang in red above the right headlight. No running horse, tho.
TwoStangWmn, I picked up the Ford Bra today.It's the one with mustang in red.It looks great.I did not install it yet.I will let you know about the BULLITT lettering as soon as i get to the sign shop.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I got the Ford GT front cover from the Ford dealership where I bought my Bullitt.

I was very pleased with the quality and fit. I used it on an 800 mile weekend road trip to the Texas hill country and back, and it was very effective in catching the majority of the bugs in Texas.

Here is a picture of #621 sporting the GT front cover on the scenic Willow City Loop, north of Fredericksburg...

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
On 2001-05-30 00:28, bwcobra15 wrote:
I got the Ford GT front cover from the Ford dealership where I bought my Bullitt.

I was very pleased with the quality and fit. I used it on an 800 mile weekend road trip to the Texas hill country and back, and it was very effective in catching the majority of the bugs in Texas.

Here is a picture of #621 sporting the GT front cover on the scenic Willow City Loop, north of Fredericksburg...

Nice pic! :-B

·
Registered
130 Posts
I believe the cost was about $112.00 plus tax..

There ya go!

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,045 Posts
Thanks Ray.....Ours is still on order at Ford. bwcobra15-Bob- Was the bra easy enough to take off and on? Well, easier than a flick on the fingers anyway! LOL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-05-30 09:31 ]</font>

·
Registered
130 Posts
Vickie,

(I'm not even gonna touch that "removing the bra" angle... :wink: )

The instructions that come with it are less than helpful. There are NO written words - everything is in some sort of pseudo-international sign language. In other words, everything is illustrated with pictures. I couldn't figure out how to even start the first "step #1" for the main (lower) part. There is a "corner pocket" that has to slide over the most forward point of the fender - right above the headlight assembly. I couldn't get it on. I took it back to the dealership, and the salesman showed me how to gently push down on the headlight assembly, which opens the gap enough to slide the cover on.

After that, is was a piece of cake. Of course the warmer the air, the easier it goes on. I've put it on and off a few times now and its no big deal. Just follow the steps in order, and it works fine.

OH YEA - for the hood piece, by FAR the hardest part is drilling the hole for the snap in the hood! Eee-ouch! That was painful. But it came out okay. Just use the template that comes with it.

Good luck-

DHG #621
D-FW, Texas

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bwcobra15 on 2001-05-30 11:07 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Uhhh, drill a hole in the hood?? I don't think so.................

·
Registered
959 Posts
I have always used Colgan bras. I have found them to be well fitting and good quality. They also seem to hold up well at high speeds.

There is a pic of mine on the Yahoo site. Got it for $99 off the web.

Brian
FordBullitt #66

·
Registered
130 Posts
The snap is UNDER the hood, just aft of the square hole. It is hidden, no one will ever see it.....

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
hey bob, mystang99 here. LOVED the pic of your car! i went to school in San Antonio and lived in Dallas for 17 years afterwards. have a very good friend who's the fleet sales manager @ Leadership Ford on Central. my absolute favorite spot to get away and relax was "Hill Country". top spots were Fredricksberg & Lukenbach(sp?). it's hard to find a more beautiful and relaxing spot than Fredricksberg in the spring, what a great getaway! mmmm, and hill country peaches in the summertime!!!!!!!!!thanks for the memories!!
going to pass on the bra i think.
LOL on the removing the bra comment

mystang99
DHG #648
(marty)

·
Registered
959 Posts
There is NO drilling with the Colgon. I shudder at the thought of any drilling. The main mask is held on at the wheel wells with formable felt covered hooks and two elastic bungees with coated hooks on them. There 2 ears that come up over the fender that have plastic clips hooking to the fender joint underhood.

The hood piece slips on and has 2 straps with elastic bungees and coated hooks. Had mine to 120 with no problem so far. I'll have to take pick of the mounting points and post them.

Brian
FordBullitt

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,045 Posts
Hubby didn't like the idea of drilling a hole under the hood. So we took back the Ford Bra and want to order a Colgan. Anyone: what is the URL for Colgan? Thanks, Vicki

1 - 20 of 26 Posts