Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Bullitt Brakes Causing Problems

364 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Black4592 
#1 ·
Well, not really problems, but if I ever press the brake all the way down, it sort of grinds, but only the pedal though. Although, when I do press it in, I hear a little click in the engine, which I'm assuming is actually the brake line coming from UNDER the engine. Is that normal, that sound, and also, the pedal feeling that way? Once I release my foot, it feels as if it's stuck, although it moves back instantly. I don't really know how to better explain it, so if you can help, please do. I obviously don't slam on the brakes all the time, but when I do the very few times I have to, it feels like the pedal is grinding on something. It honestly feels as if it went through the bottom of the car and I'm hitting the ground (maybe that's exaggerating it a little, but it feels like that, just not as strong.)

#2 ·
DiZzyBonne if it is a sudden or emergency type stop that would be your anti-lock brakes doing there job of not locking up the wheels. The pedal well have a pulsating feel to it when ever the anti-lock brake system is working or doing its job of not locking up any of the wheels.

#3 ·
I'm with true blue but it shouldn't be a grinding noise as much as a growl with a fast paced rumble feeling in the peddle.

Are you positive your not locking up one of the wheels? IF you have a programmer installed do you still have traction control?

#4 ·
Traction control is off, and I don't have a programmer as far as my knowledge of this car goes, as I bought it used. My friend told me I should just bleed my brake lines, but I don't know if that'll do the trick. He actually told me to take it to a Ford dealership to do it, but that might cost me a pretty penny.

#5 ·
Try that first. Bleeding them I mean.

See if that stops it.. that is going to be the cheapest place to start for sure!

#7 ·
It's not on my bads or rotors though, and I don't hear grinding, I just feel it when I press the brake down ALL the way. But, as I said before, it's only the pedal that feels as if it's grinding.

#8 ·
Stick your head under the dash and look at the brake pedal rod that connects the pedal to the master cyl. See if there is something catching right there. If not try lubing the linkage and where the rod goes into the back of the master with some white lithium grease.. Just a thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.